Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT XT Hunter arrow setup

Hey yall,

Im wanting to add some weight to my arrow setup but don't know much about tweaking arrow weights. I got my arrow setup when I started bow hunting and never messed with it after that. I mainly hunt whitetail and hogs and currently at about 389grains finished weight and want to take it to about 450.

Current setup:
    70lb draw weight
    GT XT Hunter - 7595(340spine) cut to 28"
    100 grain broadhead
    11.4g insert
    2"blazer vanes
    11.5g knock

Does anyone currently have a setup that they like or that I can use as a springboard to build off of? What component do I need to add and where to get what Im looking for?

If you want to continue using that particular shaft you’d need to shoot a heavier point or add a weighted insert. Based on the specs you are describing, if you start adding too much weight to the front then 340 may become underspined. Could always try a 50-75 grain insert and see if it will tune

Comment

Originally posted by gvanwage View Post
      Hey yall,

Im wanting to add some weight to my arrow setup but don't know much about tweaking arrow weights. I got my arrow setup when I started bow hunting and never messed with it after that. I mainly hunt whitetail and hogs and currently at about 389grains finished weight and want to take it to about 450.

Current setup:

70lb draw weight

GT XT Hunter - 7595(340spine) cut to 28"

100 grain broadhead

11.4g insert

2"blazer vanes

11.5g knock

Does anyone currently have a setup that they like or that I can use as a springboard to build off of? What component do I need to add and where to get what Im looking for?
      I'm running a similar setup to yours.

I forget if I'm running a 100 grain inset or FACT weights behind inset.
      I also use a 150 grain head.

Google says your 1 hour from me.
      If you want to meet up tomorrow we can meet @ my house, on target archery or ?? and you can shoot mine

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes
      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-06-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Without knowing your set up and if you will get too weak. You should be able to knock insert out and add a 50 grain FACT WEIGHT. THATS AT 430ish alone. Go to 125’s…. Or stay at 100’s and add 10-20-30… whatever in fact weights. I shot those with just a 20 at around 405 and had great flight, trajectory and no problem killing the animals you listed

Comment

Like low fence said the fact weight system is great. Should be able to fine tune with the weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Add the fact we’ll worth it. I used cold blue melt to keep them in but they aren’t permanent but don’t come undone

Comment

Why do you want to add weight? I've shot 55-75 gold tips at 68# for 20 years with no problems with 100 gr Thunderheads. Deadly for me.

Comment

Cool perspectives

Comment

Shooting XT 300 spine , 100 grain brass insert , 100 grain heads . 509 grains . Seems to be the most accurate arrows I’ve had to date

Comment

I have almost exact same setup as the OP, except my arrow is 29.5” and I shoot feathers.

I just ordered some external screw in weights from 3Rivers that I am gonna try to add a little more weight up front. Sample pack has 25, 50, and 75 grain adapters to try.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips! I ended up adding a 50 grain insert and now total setup is sitting at 433+ grains with a 12.4% FOC. I’m really liking the arrow flight and noticeable increase in penetration. Looking forward to hitting the field this season with the new setup!

Comment

Working...
                      X