? For the process technology guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For the process technology guys

I am looking to get into the process technology major.

I have found a few colleges that offer this program, I just can't really decide one I should go too.

The one question I have is which college did you guys go to?

Thanks

I went to Lamar I.T. in Beaumont back in 2000

Comment

I went to LIT IN Beaumont also. Pm me if you have any questions.

Comment

Tt

Comment

LIT for Instrumentation, but a lot of the classes are the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lee College, San Jac are located where the majority of the plants are, but LIT is just as good. I know some people that went to Alvin CC. I don't think it matters, just as long as you get it.

Comment

Most people that I work with went to Lee College and if you do good then usually have a job waiting.

Comment

Tt

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Lee in Baytown, San Jacinto in Pasadena, and College of the Mainland in Tx City are where most of the newbies come from at our refinery. Those three put out a lot of operators and craftsmen.

Comment

I just started teaching full time Process Technology at Victoria College. We offer both a 1 year certificate program and a 2 year AAS degree. PM me if I can be of any help. Wharton County Junior College , Delmar, and Brazosport also have programs. Just got back last week from a conference in New Orleans and got to meet a number of great instructors.

Even met an instructor from University of Alaska.
                      Last edited by wickll; 09-30-2016, 07:54 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Wharton County Jr College has a good program. Process Tech, Nuclear Tech, and mechanical tech. Offer night classes as well. Program has had good recent sucess in employment afterm certification. They have both an associates degree and certificate programs.

Comment

I got mine at Alvin CC, but they offer the degree at Brazosport, Wharton, San Jac, College of Mainland, as well as others. Like already stated I don't think it matters where you get it. Pick the location that works best for you. All the ones I listed are Houston area. I'm sure they offer the same in Corpus as well as colleges near other plants.

Comment

I'm a current process tech student at Lee in Baytown. If you have any questions I'll do my best to help out.

Comment

I went to SFA,,, but that was eons ago. I know of several folks that went to TSTI(Now TSTC) in Waco. It is a good program.

Comment

Working...
                              X