CC/LTC Sign Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC/LTC Sign Question

So the local BWW has a sign @ the front door. It simply says something like:
    No carrying of firearms allowed in premises.
    No 30.06 or 30.07.
    A buddy & I started discussing this & neither of us know the answers to these 2 questions.
    Questions:
    what if I carry concealed or open carry there & they say I can't do that?
    What is the legal repercussions if I challenge them on that?
    Yes, it's easier to just take it to the car or leave but legally, what can they do?

If it is not 30.06, 30.07 or 51% it is intended for those without and LTC/CHL

Comment

If you open carry and they give you verbal notice it is the same as written.

Keep it hidden and carry on.

Comment

You can't take a long arm in there. If they tell you to leave though, pretty sure you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
          If you open carry and they give you verbal notice it is the same as written.

Keep it hidden and carry on.
          See, I don't think the verbal aspect comes into play as there's no sign that I'm violating. Right/wrong?

Comment

If they tell you to leave and you don't you are now tresspassing, LTC or not. A business can have its own set of rules, and would like its customers to obey their rules.
            Same as a rule saying you nust wear shoes while inside, if you don't wear shoes you will be asked to leave.

Comment

Personally I would think that a BWW may fall in the 51% category of the law. Any managers or well informed workers of a BWW that knows their revenue breakdown?

T

Comment

BWW does not have a 51% license they have a restaurant license.

30.06 notice and 30.07 notice can be given either I writing OR verbal. You are then breaking the law once notified if you do not leave.

Comment

Not being in that business I did not know there are different types of licenses. I thought the rule was written based on sales.

Always learning on TBH.

Comment

CC/LTC Sign Question

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                    Not being in that business I did not know there are different types of licenses. I thought the rule was written based on sales.

Always learning on TBH.

That's is correct. 51% of their revenue must be derived from alcohol for on premise consumption for the red 51% to be applicable.

As others have stated if you are asked to leave and refuse, then you are trespassing.

If you are carrying properly concealed then there should be no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think everyone's covered it, but just to reiterate if they ask you to not carry and you refuse you are now breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        That's is correct. 51% of their revenue must be derived from alcohol for on premise consumption for the red 51% to be applicable.

As others have stated if you are asked to leave and refuse, then you are trespassing.

If you are carrying properly concealed then there should be no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        TABC issues 2 types of licenses for on premises. If you are deriving 51% with the wrong license you are in big trouble. Only true bars usually fall into this.

Most are restaurant. And if they post 51% signs without the right license they are in big trouble with TABC and can loose their license. I have reported several places for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X