No announcement yet.

Shooting cows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send him a bill for the damages! If he does not pay, then be sure and tell him that you will not be held responsible for anything that might happen to his cows if they cross the fence! Open season on some cows if they cross the fence! Be sure and not take any part of the animal after it is dead! Just let it lay!

Comment

If anyone does shoot a cow, Feel free to butcher and package the meat, and I will come pick up the meat and dispose of it properly. Free of charge.

Comment

We have had this problem with our neighbors bulls. He raised bull for bull riding. He was the same wouldn't come get them till he got good and ready too. We talked to the sheriff and on the law side we couldn't do much about it. But he did give us some advice that worked wonders and that was to file a claim against on his property insurance for damages done by the cows. Come to find out that he would lose his property insurance if there were several claims filed against him. One thing though we live in Oklahoma so this may or may not work for you.

Comment

Rustlin is still a hangin offense in Texas ain't it?

Comment

Some people are not capable of having any livestock, I have the same problem with the neighbors Goats. Thank God Mexicans and Coyotes luv them. If they loved them they would keep an eye on em.

Comment

Sss

Comment

I'm with Sika on this one, good fence will keep most any cow out, heck use 240 volt electric fence, once they touch that baby you will have rump roast for dinner that night. LOL

Comment

If the owner of the cows is also the owner of the property, there is not a dang thing you can do execpt ask for permission to build a fence, or decide not to lease the property. Unless your lease contract hassome sort of livestock clause not much you can do. As mentioned earlier a lot of these suggestion will lead to legal problems and in some cases jail time.

Comment

Unfortunate for the owner, them stupid cows still have a brain and still have tendancies to do things of their own initiative. Where I come from we helped cattle owners rather than take spiteful actions. It can be kind of trying to be running down a gravel road and around the corner a half dozen cow critters blocking the road. But, we'd always just stop at the nearest house and let them know their cows were out and we'd be happy to help put 'em back in the pasture if needed.

Could be the owner gets just as frustrated at his cattle getting out as we are them getting in our stuff. I'm sure the owner would be more than happy to help you recoup your losses. That is if there's a neighborly relationship within the area. Generally speaking, folks out in the country aren't in a dog eat dog relationship with their neighbors like those city dwellers in the confines of their concrete and steel prison.

I'd talk to the owner.

Comment

Working...
                    X