San Antonio Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio Help

We are is San Antonio over the weekend. Me and the boy (12yrs old) we’re going to break off from the women and hit up bass pro and a couple places. What time of day on the weekend is best to fart around on that side of town??

Traffic will not be horrible over there, but 1604 does slow even on a Saturday. If you go to Bass Pro do not leave anything in your vehicle to include a spare key fob. It is a hot bed for truck thefts and vehicle burglaries. They have many entertainment locations over there like Top Golf, Chicken and Pickle and some indoor skydiving place.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      Traffic will not be horrible over there, but 1604 does slow even on a Saturday. If you go to Bass Pro do not leave anything in your vehicle to include a spare key fob. It is a hot bed for truck thefts and vehicle burglaries. They have many entertainment locations over there like Top Golf, Chicken and Pickle and some indoor skydiving place.
      It has been many years, since I have been on that side of town, when the traffic was not horrible. I hate going over to that area for any reason, because of the traffic.

Comment

Things to do over there, I know they have one of those I Can Fly, or whatever it's called. Places where you do the simulated sky diving. Kind of sounds like fun. Then I think there is either a driving range or a batting cage, right in the same area. I have not been able to figure out which it is while driving. If it's batting cages, I might have to stop by sometime.

Bass Pro shops I think has an indoor archery range. I know Cabela's used to. That would be a way of killing some time.

The National Gun Club is not too far from there, but I think you have to be a member. You could just find a high spot and hang out and watch the wrecks, I can promise you, there are always wrecks From the 1604/IH10 intersection out to Bass Pro Shops area.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post

I’ll second this. If you go to BPS don’t leave anything in your vehicle. That sky diving thing I’ve heard is pretty cool. Never done it but it’s on the list because I ain’t jumping out of a plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My boss had his pickup hooked up to a trailer stolen from the Bass Pro parking lot in SA, so be careful

Comment

To say a certain time is better than another is like predicting lottery numbers. Just be mindful, you can get robbed or truck broken into or stolen anytime of the day. Keep you eyes on everyone bc someone is always looking for an easy score. Crime unfortunately doesn’t stop at the rim or La Cantera area ever. I’m here now actually and it’s not bad with people but I’m sure someone is looking for their next victim.

Traffic on I-10 is minimal pretty much all day. 1694 gets a lil backed up around the interchanges but it ain’t horrible like some other cities.

Comment

Thanks!!! We got around without much trouble.

Comment

Man that's depressing that someone asks about Bass Pro and literally every reply, justifiably, has to mention the theft. Unfortunately they're not wrong at all. :/

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Man that's depressing that someone asks about Bass Pro and literally every reply, justifiably, has to mention the theft. Unfortunately they're not wrong at all. :/
                    Agreed

Comment

They even stole the air out of my tire at bass pro once.

Comment

It’s not just there, you gotta think like a crook to catch one. If you go to high end shops park and wait for a nice truck watch as the occupant(s)go inside most men will be in there awhile looking around. Your truck can be stolen by a good thief in under a minute a bit more if you have a factory anti theft device, but a crash and grab burglary of a vehicle takes literally seconds! That applies to any city in any part of town. The higher end shops the better stuff they have costas, Maui Jim’s, weapons, knives etc etc . Not so much at Walmart and such

Comment

Working...
                        X