Renting-out a vehicle on Turo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting-out a vehicle on Turo?

Does anyone do this? I have a spare truck I rarely use, and don’t want to sell. Reading online it sounds like a decent gig for the “host.” Any catches or negative fine print?

Nobody?

Comment

I gave it a go with a Mustang GT I owned but rarely drove. First renter had it for 24 hours, curbed the **** out of a couple wheels and rubbed a fender on something. In his defense he purchased the additional insurance from Turo and had no incentive to take care of my car. Turo ended up covering the damages but it was a lot of back and forth and sending photos etc. Pulled the car off the site the next day.

Comment

Check out your insurance, my buddy said you need commercial insurance for that your regular car insurance won't cover an accident. (but I'm not sure)

Comment

Not a chance I’d sign up for something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you seen how people treat rental cars?

Comment

No way!

Comment

As someone who worked close to a rental car counter, there is no way. Unless you don't care about the vehicle and just want to make some side money.

Comment

We've rented a few times. Jeep for a week in Hawaii and local car when ours was in the shop. I guess you can rent to people with positive feedback. If that is possible.

Comment

Nope, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                      Have you seen how people treat rental cars?
                      ^^This. No way I would rent one of my vehicles.

Comment

My nephew just rented a corvette for his prom last weekend. It was surprisingly cheap and 80 bucks a day for insurance.

Comment

My experience may be different as i rented out a unique car that cost 100$ a day starting out. Was fine, but didnt factor in how much of a time commitment it really was, and stopped.

Comment

Dive it like you stole it, I mean like you “rented it”!

Comment

Friend rented his Toyota out. Some tweaker with a fake ID rented it and it was gone for weeks. The impound lot sent him an email to pickup once he was arrested for other crimes. They do not prosecute for stealing Turo vehicles in my area.

Comment

Working...
                              X