Weekend Rolling Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
    Do what you do. I learned a long time ago how to meet my needs. There’s a crap ton of people that haven’t
    Agreed 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      This is why folks give you flack. You’ll trust a headline. Lots of us are prepared. None of us want it to happen. Most of us don’t get on here to read doom and gloom every day. I don’t watch the news for that reason.

Have you noticed a trend? Public fear. They thrive on it in the media. Post freeze, they scare everyone they can anytime a big norther was coming. Big storms? You’ll hear gorilla hail and stupid things like that. It’s just like politics. Most just want the TRUTH. Not some amped up BS to instill fear. That doesn’t mean we live with our head in the sand. Nor does it mean we don’t care. But we know that not every **** thing is our government out to destroy the universe or screw us. (No I don’t trust them either). God controls it all. Faith over fear.

Hoping these politicians can put themselves aside and get stuff done. And power plants start getting built. Heck we need another big crude refinery or 3 as well.

The funny thing is that I don’t listen to the news. Yeah, I see headlines here and there but I don’t trust a single news article. After researching for myself and contacting people I know is when my opinions are made. Opinions are like A holes; everyone has one and most of them stink. Yes I am 100% aware that a lot of things I’ve warned about have not happened. Guess what, the same goes for a lot of news that is reported on. Does that mean that people should ignore it? Not at all. We live in the most unstable time this country has ever seen and that’s not fear mongering. Between unprecedented swings in the stock market to record inflation to food shortages to fuel shortages to massive supply chain issues to labor shortages to war on our doorstep. These issues are facts.

I pray everyday. Lord, help me to provide for my family, prepare for what is to come, and help me to provide for others. It does not bother me if I get called a chicken little or a fear monger. If my posts help someone get prepared then it is worth it. If you hate what I post then put me on your ignore list as I’m not stopping. Have a blessed day.

Comment

The little boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

Comment

Comment

No way they'll believe that.

Comment

I know nothing about electric power but we have lots of wind turbines not turning in Mills county and the wind is blowing at least 20mph.

Comment

But, but......

PowerOutage.us tracks, records, and aggregates power outages across the United States.

Oops, blue = 0%.

Maybe tomorrow the brown-outers will get their wish.

I know of a plant that completely shut down all of it's gas turbines and it's one STG today.
                First ever planned shutdown since being built in 84.
                The big organs only blew a few times.
                To hear them big reliefs open, flutter and then go closed again....well those who know, know.
                It'll get your heart to thumpin'.

with that said....
                Is it beer 30 yet? I need a little more than water tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  But, but......

PowerOutage.us tracks, records, and aggregates power outages across the United States.

Oops, blue = 0%.

Maybe tomorrow the brown-outers will get their wish.

I know of a plant that completely shut down all of it's gas turbines and it's one STG today.
                  First ever planned shutdown since being built in 84.
                  The big organs only blew a few times.
                  To hear them big reliefs open, flutter and then go closed again....well those who know, know.
                  It'll get your heart to thumpin'.

with that said....
                  Is it beer 30 yet? I need a little more than water tonight.
                  I’m headed to the plant right now. It’s a bit warm lol

Comment

Still Blue- (so far)

Comment

our fearless leader Abbott needs to shut his mouth about rolling out a red carpet for california based companies to move here. We don't have the infrastructure to support what we have. Housing prices are skyrocketing, and that idiot won't just shut up already about "great new businesses" coming to texas.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Yup it’s gone just the way I thought it would go.
                        You mean the way it always goes?

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                          You mean the way it always goes?
                          LOL! Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            I know nothing about electric power but we have lots of wind turbines not turning in Mills county and the wind is blowing at least 20mph.
                            4500 mega watts already in reserve

Comment

No power outages at our place in Collin Co, so all must be fine, as we have outages routinely every couple of weeks. I do keep getting emails from our electric provider with warnings about possible outages between 4-9pm Fri-Monday and the plea to reduce usage during those hours.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                                No power outages at our place in Collin Co, so all must be fine, as we have outages routinely every couple of weeks. I do keep getting emails from our electric provider with warnings about possible outages between 4-9pm Fri-Monday and the plea to reduce usage during those hours.
                                Im getting the same.....they can kiss my ***. Im not changing anything. This and many problems have been created by govt over regulation based on wishes and hopes. Im so tired of the idiots running things I cant wait for things to crash and burn so we can have a reset and put the looney tunes that have created this mess out to pasture. Is it going to be uncomfortable while things get sorted out? You bet it is. All this comfort and luxury has lead to a lot of people who are apathetic and lazy. Time to get their attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X