Do you believe this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you believe this

I don't. There wouldn't be any fawn survival at all in S Texas.
    Attached Files

It wouldn’t surprise me. Coyotes and bobcats kill a ton of fawns every year.

Comment

Who and were was the studies? I could believe it. They kill grown deer. They definitely going to kill any fawns they come across.

Comment

Very skeptical of those numbers

Comment

I have my doubts. If that average is accurate, we wouldn't have any deer at our place due to the amount of coyotes running around.

Comment

I don't know about "19 fawns" but I have read that coyotes and bobcats will kill 80-85% of an annual fawn crop.

Comment

It’s going to be regional. Around here the deer are so prevalent the number could be even higher. Deer out number the coyotes by a long shot. Plus, there’s a lot of fawns that die from everything from fire ants to hawks and owls that coyotes find and eat on as well. Big mature bobcats will focus in on fawns this time of year too.

Comment

Yes
                If we have a30% fawn crop we are doing good.

Comment

No chance.

Comment

I would believe it in certain areas where deer density is high. There’s a reason populations get out of control when there are no predators, be it Human or Animal. There is a balance and the scales can be tipped either way if predator numbers are too high or low.

I don’t believe you can apply that graph/pictorial across the board, though. In our area in Sutton County, I’ve only seen and heard one coyote in 5 years.

Comment

What studies?

Comment

Fake news.

Signed
                        Trump

Comment

Don't know how they come up with the numbers but I do know Kyle should kill him just to kill him not to eat them I found four in the bedding area this year, just killed them , didn't eat them

Comment

I don’t know about those numbers, but I know coyotes or something kills many of “my” fawns. I see them on camera in the spring then they aren’t around in the fall. Pretty simple.

Comment

If denning season is December through March, there are not many fawns around at least until March, but typically a lot later.

But back home, I bet that number is way higher than 19 from April to June. But I get the concept of the meme.

Comment

Working...
                              X