Big Gun Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Gun Eye Candy

Running waaaay behind for the season kickoff, but finally had a few ELR team and customer guns finish up today. Not often we have that many big guns finishing up at the same time, so thought it was pic worthy. All built on various BAT actions, McMillan stocks, K&P barrels, Jewell Triggers and Terminator muzzle brakes. I'm starting to see a pattern

Left to right - 33XC, 375CT, 416 Hellfire x 2.

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful LR precision rifles

Comment

I still need to get one built.

Comment

I bet those are shooters! Excuse my ignorance but what’s the deal with the super long scope rails? Im guessing the scope rings stay on the portion supported by the action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          I still need to get one built.
          Can I borrow it after you knock yours down ?

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            I bet those are shooters! Excuse my ignorance but what’s the deal with the super long scope rails? Im guessing the scope rings stay on the portion supported by the action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You are correct! The scope will be mounted directly over the action in typical fashion. The rails are 18" so they extend just beyond the objective bell and give you a place to mount a prism. Because of the distances we shoot, we will run out of travel in the scope somewhere beyond 2,000 yds. Each prism will shift the image 100 MOA, effectively extending the range of your scope in 100 MOA increments. Sometimes we will stack 2 prisms if going beyond 2 miles. It's a simple and extremely accurate way to add elevation with none of the drawbacks of adjustable bases or periscope systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              You are correct! The scope will be mounted directly over the action in typical fashion. The rails are 18" so they extend just beyond the objective bell and give you a place to mount a prism. Because of the distances we shoot, we will run out of travel in the scope somewhere beyond 2,000 yds. Each prism will shift the image 100 MOA, effectively extending the range of your scope in 100 MOA increments. Sometimes we will stack 2 prisms if going beyond 2 miles. It's a simple and extremely accurate way to add elevation with none of the drawbacks of adjustable bases or periscope systems.
              Thanks for the detailed explanation! Do you by chance have any photos of that setup in use? Don't think I've ever seen such a thing.

Comment

So you can shoot and hit a target at how far?

Comment

They look great. Amazing how well they shoot over distances.

Comment

Thanks for the distance optics lesson. That is an explanation that makes sense, appreciate you going over it, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Thanks for the detailed explanation! Do you by chance have any photos of that setup in use? Don't think I've ever seen such a thing.
                      Don't have any handy of it in actual use, but here are a couple of prisms being set up and checked on the wall chart when we were working on the first rail.

Comment

Don't have any handy of it in actual use, but here are a couple of prisms being set up and checked on the wall chart when we were working on the first rail.

Now that is cool! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Love the guns!
                          Still crying over CCC closing. Just waiting on someone to take their place to use my 300prc again

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            So you can shoot and hit a target at how far?
                            Pretty far.............sometimes 2 miles is about the practical limit right now in decent conditions. That is changing fast as the sport is growing and the equipment is advancing faster each year. 3,000 yds is pretty solid now days and you can usually count on multiple 2 mile hits at most matches with favorable conditions. Just a couple years ago, those hits were more of a novelty than the norm. We had a final target distance of 4,250 yds a couple weeks back in KS. It's definitely pushing out there. Targets are usually around 1.5 - 2 MOA in this game.

Comment

Saw those on the gram, some fine looking rigs.

Comment

Working...
                              X