Utility Tractor Brand : Best and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer View Post
    The E series JD I do not care for. They are made lighter and their 3 point hook up and such are not heavy duty. They will work for light mowing or bucket work with a front end loader, but they are no where what the older M series or R series tractors are.

For smaller utility tractor Kubota might be the best.

I love the older JD. The 4020 JD might be the best ever built.
    Agreed, the E series is a lighter duty tractor. The M series is a better built machine. But, a lot depends on what you plan to do, how much acreage you take care of and, how much money you want to spend. We have a 5090E, 6230 and a 6105M. They each have their job they do best. JD equipment will hold its value like no other. Our 6230 is approx 18 years old and is worth the same today as what we paid new.
    In 2010 we had a JD 5083E that we kept until 2015. Bought new for $42,000. Traded it in for $40,000 after 5 years of use.

I'm not going to bash Kubota at all because they have served well for many people. One thing that I've never been able to understand though is how a comparable size tractor to JD can weigh so much less. For example:

Kubota M5091 (92 hp) 4x4 open top weighs 6,041 pounds
    John Deere 5090E (90 hp) 4x4 open top weighs 7,275 pounds
    John Deere 5075M (75 hp) 4x4 open top weights 8,765 pounds

Like I mentioned earlier, the work you plan to do is a big factor. If you will be doing heavy loader work, pulling a batwing, etc. then tractor weight is important.

Comment

John Deere, don’t over think it

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
        Yessir. They are consistently higher. I noticed that a long time ago. Pay a premium for the name. Dad has a BOBCAT skid steer and it is great. I didnt know they made tractors, but I will give them a look.
        They got back into the tractor market a few years ago. Supposedly, they are building a factory to make them in Georgia according to my sales rep. We'll see if that happens. Currently they are assembled in North Carolina.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought the 3025E John Deere & have been very pleased. For what I use it for (shredding, disking, raking & some loader work) it’s been great so far
          I take care of about 4 acres with it
          I’m a little partial to JD simply because my dad had one and I have used it quite a bit
          I’ve got my brands I tend to be partial to. My favorite 3 are John Deere, Stihl & DeWalt
          My grandfather had nothing but Ford tractors…old 9N & a Ford 2000. He was a Ford Mechanic
          I also think Kubota is a well built tractor

Comment

Buy the one from the dealership with a certified repair shop closest to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Just like most of the "what to buy threads" how many people do you know with LS tractors. Maybe one?? I know one and she's had zero problems. The backhoe is certainly handy and easy hookup.

I move dirt for a living, I own a few tractors and construction equipment, I’m around equipment all the time, I don’t post info. I haven’t experienced first hand.

I know several that own them, talked to a few more that I didn’t know that have LS tractors, none of them were tickled over theirs.

Like I said, I wish her good luck with the tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                The E series JD I do not care for. They are made lighter and their 3 point hook up and such are not heavy duty. They will work for light mowing or bucket work with a front end loader, but they are no where what the older M series or R series tractors are.

For smaller utility tractor Kubota might be the best.

I love the older JD. The 4020 JD might be the best ever built.
                JD 4020 and 5020 were the best no frill tractors ever built. From rice fields to hauling and planting sugar cane in sloppy mud we could not wear them out.

Comment

Older tractor: John Deere for sure
                  Newer tractor: Kubota over Deere. On top of paying extra for green paint, you get the privilege of being forced to have JD work on the new ones if something breaks. Personally I'd look for a pre def Deere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                    There’s a reason they are a lot cheaper. I hope she has better luck with it than the people I’ve talked to that regret buying one.
                    Actually LS builds for other companies. Got my starter for my LS from case IH. Biggest issue with LS is lack of dealer network, some stares have great dealers but my closest is OKC or Greenville. I like the Kubota network of dealers.

LS builds some case and new Holland. Did for Mahindra but not sure now.

I would shop dealers as well as brands

Comment

I have LS xr4040 with 1030 hrs. Only issue was a well known at the time at it was the regen and ecu. Luckily mine was covered by warranty and pretty sure those issues have been resolved. If buying again I would go Kubota though like my LS

Comment

Have owned a 37 horse Mahindra for a few years. Held up well and we move some heavy stuff with our loader.

Comment

Working...
                        X