Keto 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto 2022

Anyone still doing keto?? I went back to a regular diet last year after substantial time doing KETO. I have felt fairly crappy since I stopped eating the keto way and will be getting back to Keto this weekend. I was blue to stay at 187ish while on keto but have ballooned to 210 in 6 months… time to get lean again!

Please share your keto success stories, recipes, pros and cons…

I went on the Roger Raglin diet, which is basically a Keto with no dairy. Dropped about 45 lbs. then the holidays hit. Time to get back in the swing of things so the leopard print speedo fits nicely before summer hits.

Comment

I tried it for months. Keto coupled with hard workouts wasn’t a good idea lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
        I went on the Roger Raglin diet, which is basically a Keto with no dairy. Dropped about 45 lbs. then the holidays hit. Time to get back in the swing of things so the leopard print speedo fits nicely before summer hits.
        No pics required… have you done straight keto and if so how was the experience different??

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          I tried it for months. Keto coupled with hard workouts wasn’t a good idea lol.
          Was it low energy or low endurance? I am working out more than I had in the past while on keto so I will have my own experience soon. I am curious as to what you feel the issues where??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Was it low energy or low endurance? I am working out more than I had in the past while on keto so I will have my own experience soon. I am curious as to what you feel the issues where??
            Both I guess. Just couldn’t recover right. Blood sugar was an issue as well. Admittedly I don’t eat a lot of vegetables. I am kind of picky. I eat lots of red meat. High protein. High fat. Low carb. I made huge jumps in recovery progress and stamina since quitting Keto but have put on about 10 lbs. also have been on a crazy schedule since November and haven’t worked out as much or are right. Should change for the better next month. Regardless, I think you have to watch your *** if you’re pushing your body and doing keto. I dropped a lot of weight. It DOES work. But it’s not sustainable in my opinion. My dad and grandpa are diabetic so blood sugar in certain is an issue with me.

Comment

Anyone still doing keto?? I went back to a regular diet last year after substantial time doing KETO. I have felt fairly crappy since I stopped eating the keto way and will be getting back to Keto this weekend. I was blue to stay at 187ish while on keto but have ballooned to 210 in 6 months… time to get lean again!

Please share your keto success stories, recipes, pros and cons
              I've been living a low/no carb for about 7 years now. Lost 30# quickly and have stayed at 195 ever since. I just don't eat bread,taters, rice & other high carb items.

I do have my "cheat" days once or twice a month.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Both I guess. Just couldn’t recover right. Blood sugar was an issue as well. Admittedly I don’t eat a lot of vegetables. I am kind of picky. I eat lots of red meat. High protein. High fat. Low carb. I made huge jumps in recovery progress and stamina since quitting Keto but have put on about 10 lbs. also have been on a crazy schedule since November and haven’t worked out as much or are right. Should change for the better next month. Regardless, I think you have to watch your *** if you’re pushing your body and doing keto. I dropped a lot of weight. It DOES work. But it’s not sustainable in my opinion. My dad and grandpa are diabetic so blood sugar in certain is an issue with me.
                Thanks for the info… I wasn’t pushing weights but would play a lot of basketball which would push me to my limits…. I found eating a small blizzard prior to the basketball action would allow me to go all out as normal… Obviously playing basketball doesn’t break down your muscle like lifting does so I can definitely see the issue with recovery. protein intake on keto is supposed to stay around 25% so again I can see it would not work for trying to make gains…

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  I've been living a low/no carb for about 7 years now. Lost 30# quickly and have stayed at 195 ever since. I just don't eat bread,taters, rice & other high carb items.

I do have my "cheat" days once or twice a month.
                  That’s awesome ! Low to no carb is where I would like to get back to.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post

Did you join the group thing he does ?

Comment

Thanks for the info… I wasn’t pushing weights but would play a lot of basketball which would push me to my limits…. I found eating a small blizzard prior to the basketball action would allow me to go all out as normal… Obviously playing basketball doesn’t break down your muscle like lifting does so I can definitely see the issue with recovery. protein intake on keto is supposed to stay around 25% so again I can see it would not work for trying to make gains…
                      Mix of cardio and weights and hiking. Lately has been all weights with occasional cardio. My workouts are usually 50/50. Just trying to be in better shape and take care of myself. FYI that blizzard will kick you out of keto lol

Comment

I’m living life at low carb now. After dropping 90+ on SOTA, keto is very similar.
                        I stay away from sugar as much as possible as well. Pretty much no more beer for me (this was a tough one but I don’t ever crave it anymore).
                        I don’t want any part of Keto without dairy though.

Comment

I live a keto lifestyle, not the diet. I'm diabetic and choose to do all I can. I'm not on diabetes meds, blood pressure meds and cholesterol is best it's ever been. I feel terrible after the occasion lightly cheat day.

Comment

I have to do something...and get off this Eato diet.

Comment

I’m down 15...another 15 would make me

Not giving up certain sorta good carbs like beans & cheese...smaller portions, walking & little prison workout.

Comment

Working...
                              X