No announcement yet.

APR or Seekins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not able to say for sure but I'll go out on a limb and say that Seekins probably doesn't keep their tolerances as close as APR will (i.e. indicating bore on tenon and muzzle cuts, indicating off of centerline Remington full B/P). Those should all be dialed to within .0002 or less. However, if I'm wrong, then my apologies to Seekins.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
      I'm not able to say for sure but I'll go out on a limb and say that Seekins probably doesn't keep their tolerances as close as APR will (i.e. indicating bore on tenon and muzzle cuts, indicating off of centerline Remington full B/P). Those should all be dialed to within .0002 or less. However, if I'm wrong, then my apologies to Seekins.
      I bet ole Glen would love to be told that

Comment

You should not make comments like this. Purely speculative with no backup to your comment. The gun industry in general is full of incapable gun builders. I can assure you that both APR and Seekins are not in that category.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
          No experience with APR, but I have a Seekins Havak PH2. I had some issues with machining on the bolt lug. I sent it back to Seekins right away. They fixed the problem and installed a muzzle brake for free. I had the rifle back in about two weeks. It will shoot 1/2 MOA with factory loads, super light, and a fair price for what you're getting. Seekins has great customer service. The weight of their rifles won me over.

On a side note, the actions can be a little sticky at first, but they do break in fairly quickly.
          I read that they had a few issues with their bolts at the beginning. I spoke with customer service and they said if you buy directly from them all their rifles will have the new bolts. If you buy from someone else there’s a chance it can have the old set up and would need to be sent in.

Comment

I wouldn’t hesitate to own either one honestly, I really like the APR Ranger and the Seekins Havak Bravo. The price difference is 1k between the 2 rifles. I could use the 1k and get better glass… Either of those rifles will outshoot me, the majority of shooters couldn’t tell the difference in which rifle is “better” The choice is yours and either way you choose you won’t be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
              You should not make comments like this. Purely speculative with no backup to your comment. The gun industry in general is full of incapable gun builders. I can assure you that both APR and Seekins are not in that category.
              Did you read the last sentence in my post? I do happen to know APR isn't BTW.

Comment

I own a Seekins Havak in 6.5PRC. Other than the stock feeling somewhat on the cheap side, it’s a shooter! They said it’s a carbon fiber and I’m sure it has some inlay but I just didn’t like it. Had the stock painted and I’ve gotten over it fine. Shot an Aoudad with it a couple weeks ago.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I bet ole Glen would love to be told that
                  I definitely see how what I said sounded like a knock on Seekins. Just saying that when a company only offers a rifle in a handful of calibers then it comes across more like a production rifle than a custom. And to the last sentence in my original post, if they do build em to a custom standard then I'll definitely retract anything I've said and have a crow buffet

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
                    It will be primarily a back country rifle. So weight is a factor but I run pretty light and typically have horses so finished weight of 8-9 pounds is ok.

I originally planned for 6.5 PRC. However, I have would consider a 308 as well. Seekins only offers the Element in 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC and 308 in 21” barrel and short actions. Their magnums are on a 22” barrel. Not sure I want a mag on a 22” barrel

If you’re comfortable with a 9 pound rifle I’m confused why you’re looking at the Element? It’s an ultralite. I have one in 6.5 PRC and it’s extremely accurate but if weight isn’t a major factor then there’s plenty of cheaper options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I definitely see how what I said sounded like a knock on Seekins. Just saying that when a company only offers a rifle in a handful of calibers then it comes across more like a production rifle than a custom. And to the last sentence in my original post, if they do build em to a custom standard then I'll definitely retract anything I've said and have a crow buffet
                      APR has had their fair share of QC issues pop up as well. It happens. They’ve grown tremendously. And crank out high volume of rifles. Seekins is semi production rifles but Glen holds them to very high QC standards. They are excellent rifles.

Comment

[QUOTE=kae006;16140139]If you’re comfortable with a 9 pound rifle I’m confused why you’re looking at the Element? It’s an ultralite. I have one in 6.5 PRC and it’s extremely accurate but if weight isn’t a major factor then there’s plenty of cheaper options out there.

I like the idea of the 21" barrel on the Element alot more than the 24" on the PH2. I run a suppressor so I prefer shorter barrels. The weight of the Element is just a bonus.

The Element and the APR Maverick run the same price. I was just interested in personal experiences yall have with each one.

Comment

Working...
                        X