Best black bear hunting for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best black bear hunting for the money

A few of us wanting to get a black bear hunt in with bows/gun. We cannot break the bank,($2500-$3500) but want to get a quality hunt experience. US/Canada is fine. If you have some input you can share, please fill us in. Thanks

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
    A few of us wanting to get a black bear hunt in with bows/gun. We cannot break the bank,($2500-$3500) but want to get a quality hunt experience. US/Canada is fine. If you have some input you can share, please fill us in. Thanks
    Our outfitter took care of us but then apparently turned into a crook so I wont suggest him.

But we really loved the area and there are others there or even a DIY hunt is really doable.

Bitterroot National Forest area in Hamilton Montana is amazing.

Comment

Use the search button to look at the TBH Quebec, Canada trips. I got a very big P&Y and most had opportunities for bears. I would definitely hunt with them again if looking for black bears.

Comment

Ontario has the best bang bang for your buck. Been twice in past few years. Outfitters are about $1500-2200 and usually have great fishing as well. I believe though you now have to have the Covid vax to gain entry although could be wrong. Some big bears there but very limited on color phase bears.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Kerrbow you have a name of the outfitter you used that you liked?

Comment

Idaho

I did DIY over bait in Idaho and shot a great bear. But I was told it was really large for the area so if getting a trophy size bear, it may not be your best bet. But it was an awesome experience, regardless. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
              Thanks for the info. Kerrbow you have a name of the outfitter you used that you liked?
              Sandy Point Camp out of Dryden. He is a small bear operation(only 4 bear tags). Talked to him couple of weeks ago and he just had 1 tag left for this year. Fishing is great and the cabins are nice and comfortable. A lot of the fishing lodges also do bear hunts in NW Ontario and most are very reasonable. You can call me at eight 30 three 77 4651 if you want to talk. Frank

Comment

We are looking for spring bear, and I did not mention that in the beginning. They do not have to be trophy bears, but we do want a great experience.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  Ontario has the best bang bang for your buck. Been twice in past few years. Outfitters are about $1500-2200 and usually have great fishing as well. I believe though you now have to have the Covid vax to gain entry although could be wrong. Some big bears there but very limited on color phase bears.
                  This, our outfitter stays booked each year with regular repeat customers. But Ontario seems to be a better value.

Comment

Working...
                  X