Jayco Jayfeather Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jayco Jayfeather Quality?

Any late model Jayfeather owners here? How’s the quality?

We’re looking at a 2019 Jayfeather to replace our camper that was just stolen. I don’t want or need an ultralight but this one is a good deal and it’s like new. My concern is the corners they’ve cut to build it 1/2 ton towable. Specifically, the floors are very thin wood bonded to foam rather than plywood. I’ve read reports the floor can get soft in high traffic areas over time. We don’t use the camper a ton. We probably use it 3-5 weekends in warm weather and it lives at the lease for deer season. It’s in like new shape now and I plan to keep it 2-3 years and then upgrade to something better like a nice 5th wheel. Should I worry about the floor? Any other known problems with these? Please advise.

Up

Comment

I wouldn't buy one. Just do a google search and look for an RV forum, they will more than happily tell you all the problems they have with Jayco quality.

Comment

2-3 Years without much road time is probably fine, but they cut ALL of the corners on those things.

Comment

We have a 2005 Jay Feather 27P model. It has been great. We used to pull it all over Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma to archery tournaments. Since we moved to Iowa it has become an extra room when we have guests. Everything still works perfectly. I have put new tires and a new water pump on it. That's it. I winterize it thoroughly every year. I wax it every year and clean the AC coils every other year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            2-3 Years without much road time is probably fine, but they cut ALL of the corners on those things.
            This is my thought process too. If it comes down to it I could offload it sooner. But it’s hard to pass up bc it’s priced well under nada low retail but like new.

Comment

Working...
            X