Tractor recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Get you an older Ford diesel Tractor and call it a day. Pretty hassle free, starts every time, an absolute workhorse and easy to work on if need be. Ford 3000 or Ford 4000 would be plenty with a 5 or 6 ft mower.
    Probably one of the most durable and rugged series of tractors ever made. And dang good for just simple utility work. I would strongly suggest something like this over a new tractor. I would spend 10-20K on a good clean used older diesel before i spent 25-30 on a smaller newer tractor with all the junk on them.

Comment

I'll second the Kubota L2501. We have 10acs at the house and 40 where we hunt and it handles it all. Love that tractor.

Comment

30-40 hp is plenty for 11 acres fel is nice / I have a kubota L3130 and it will pull a 5' till and 6' shredder in decent tall grass

Comment

Orange....buy once, cry once

Comment

My pasture is about 10 acres. I mowed it for years with an 8’ cutter.

I now really enjoy my 15’ cutter and being done mowing in just over 2 hours instead of it being a dang near all day chore.

5’-6’ will do it if you don’t have anything else to do with your time though.

Comment

There is a 33hp Kubota in the classified with implements

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                My pasture is about 10 acres. I mowed it for years with an 8’ cutter.

I now really enjoy my 15’ cutter and being done mowing in just over 2 hours instead of it being a dang near all day chore.

5’-6’ will do it if you don’t have anything else to do with your time though.
                LOL same here. We mow alot where cows arent fenced yet and chop down goat weeds. Couldnt imagine a dang 5-6ft brushog anymore ours rarely gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
                  I'll second the Kubota L2501. We have 10acs at the house and 40 where we hunt and it handles it all. Love that tractor.
                  I have a Kubota 2WD L2500, is 27 HP and does what I need for my 35 ac. But at times I would prefer maybe a 40-50 HP, only so that I could handle larger equipment. Currently running a 5 ft. shredder and a 5 ft. tandem disc.
                  Would also like a track loader with bucket and grapple, a flat-bed pickup, a dozer with rake, a PTO-driven mulcher, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    Probably one of the most durable and rugged series of tractors ever made. And dang good for just simple utility work. I would strongly suggest something like this over a new tractor. I would spend 10-20K on a good clean used older diesel before i spent 25-30 on a smaller newer tractor with all the junk on them.
                    Exactly. $10k can get you in the game at full speed with more power than you'll need for half the cost without all the DEF and other regulated stuff. Use the leftover cash for attachments or other projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      Exactly. $10k can get you in the game at full speed with more power than you'll need for half the cost without all the DEF and other regulated stuff. Use the leftover cash for attachments or other projects.
                      Yep i have recommended this option more than once on here. Only tractors close to this are the 20 and 30 series john deeres of same error.

Massey ferguson and case didnt hold a candle to these back then. Apples to apples comparison that is.

Comment

I cut about 8 acres of pasture, woods and right of ways in about 2.5 hours thursday with 40 hp and a 5 foot rotary cutter. That said I just bought a 1025R john deere with a belly power and FEL last week. Its just under 25hp and has no DEF. I bought it to maintain 2 acres with a bunch of trees and I'll end up with a shredder to help on the other property by next year. Im ok with a smaller tractor with the ability to use 2 different larger tractors with a little road trip.

Just about everyone has 0% interest right now. I will say the orange dealers by me and as far as 100 miles had little to zero inventory and didnt seem interested in selling a tractor. I contacted 4 green dealers and 3 where within a few 100 bucks of each other. United in Navasota was almost 4k higher for the same tractor. Once I sent the lady the invoices from the other guys she never called back.

Machindra has the largest inventory of them all and wasnt under the deere price enough for me to consider them.

Originally posted by lil jimmy View Post
                        40-50 horsepower Kubota with front end loader and a 12’ batwing mower spend a little money and save a little time with the bigger mower. Those front end loaders are a life saver and those little kubota tractors run forever and are tough little tractors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        dang!

Running half that on 200 acres. I cant imagine swinging a 12 foot mower around in all the trees and woods.

And that Kabota mentioned in the classifieds is a great deal. Ive been trying to get my tight was brother to buy it for weeks. its just larger than I have room to store or I would have gone to santa fe
                        Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-07-2021, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Use your zero turn

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                            There is a 33hp Kubota in the classified with implements

Yeah, I sent him a pm, but no word back yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Use your zero turn

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tractors are cooler

Comment

If interested will have a 1996 New Holland 1715 with loader and shredder for sale. Also has post hole digger, blade, plow etc.. Georgetown texas.. new injector pump and injectors, 700 hrs , Needs a clutch job..

Comment

Working...
                                X