Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YHM Resonator R2

Suppressor guys,

I am looking to get my first can here in the next couple of months.

I have it narrowed down to the YHM R2 as I think it checks all of the boxes I am looking for and I will be able to run it on the guns I have/plan on purchasing.

My biggest question, while handling one at a gun shop today I didn't really like the feel of QD system, granted I was only hand tightening it on with hands, but it still seemed loose and seemed like it would rattle around some. For those of you running this suppressor with this QD does it tighten up better? Has anyone ran one with a DT?

Thanks in advance.

I have one on my Deserttech MDRX in 308. It will get tight, but you do have to make sure you hear that final click. Point of impact shift was negligible. Love it, and I have a qd mount on a 223 AR that I switch this can to periodically and it suppresses 223 better than the 308 in my opinion even with the 30 caliber hole.

Sent from my ASUS_I002D using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got 3 of the original resonators. They lock down tight. I agree now it feels “loose” just attaching the qd and can together without the qd on a barrel.
      Buy the R2 and don’t look back. Another good thing about the r2 is YHM Resonator R2 now includes a 1 3/8x24 threaded mount on the rear, meaning it accepts a wide variety of mounting options

Comment

Looking forward to getting mine.

Comment

That’s the only one I have at the moment. I like it a whole lot and the QD hasn’t given me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            That’s the only one I have at the moment. I like it a whole lot and the QD hasn’t given me any problems.
            Same. I have an original and R2 and love them. Great cans.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m not running a Resonator, but the YHM Ti Phantom. It locks down tight. Sometime too tight, and it isn’t always easy to get it to release.

Comment

I have the R2 and love it. I don’t have any issues with ratting or it coming lose. I’ve got QD mounts on 3 guns and they are all different styles and it locks up tight on all of them

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    I’m not running a Resonator, but the YHM Ti Phantom. It locks down tight. Sometime too tight, and it isn’t always easy to get it to release.
                    Same but i wouldnt trade it for a direct thread.

Only thing i would have done differently was bought a can with a bigger hole lol...

Comment

My stamp for my resonator just got approved. Hopefully I can give a review on it soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X