Stop Overspending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Overspending

This was a very interesting article put out by Fidelity Investments. I knew a lot of things in this article but still found it very interesting.

How to spend less money and stop overspending

Key takeaways
    The convenience of shopping from your phone can lead to small, recurring charges you might not even notice.
    • Even many brick-and-mortar stores are designed to make you spend more.
    • Being more mindful of your habits can help you save.

It's so easy to spend money—sometimes you don't even realize the ways it leaves your wallet. But knowing these 9 ways companies try to get your cash can better equip you to keep it.

I spent way less money when I hardly had any.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
      I spent way less money when I hardly had any.
      Mo' money, mo' problems...

Comment

Danged tractor supply gets me every time with the twizzlers at the counter!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          Danged tractor supply gets me every time with the twizzlers at the counter!
          Just don't buy an energy drink there. They will really rake you over the coals with their pricing.

Comment

Vendors pay big bucks to have their products at or near the cash register for a reason.

Comment

The article forgot to mention TBH Deal Alerts

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                This was a very interesting article put out by Fidelity Investments. I knew a lot of things in this article but still found it very interesting.

How to spend less money and stop overspending

Key takeaways
                The convenience of shopping from your phone can lead to small, recurring charges you might not even notice.
                • Even many brick-and-mortar stores are designed to make you spend more.
                • Being more mindful of your habits can help you save.

It's so easy to spend money—sometimes you don't even realize the ways it leaves your wallet. But knowing these 9 ways companies try to get your cash can better equip you to keep it.

It is SO easy to do! I went to your mom’s to get some reloading powders and walked out with four or five other items and over a grand pourer 🤦🏼*♂️

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                  The article forgot to mention TBH Deal Alerts

Yep.

Comment

The truth of it is though you cannot save yourself rich. If you stopped spending money altogether starting today and kept working you'd still never become rich. It can't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      It is SO easy to do! I went to your mom’s to get some reloading powders and walked out with four or five other items and over a grand pourer 🤦🏼*♂️

Micheal
                      I know, right? She has that effect on people.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        The truth of it is though you cannot save yourself rich. If you stopped spending money altogether starting today and kept working you'd still never become rich. It can't happen.
                        The article isn't about getting rich, it is about becoming pennywise to save money that doesn't need to be spent. You can't spend your way to wealth, but you sure can spend your way to poverty.

Comment

It's crazy how obvious some of the stuff is. Like the targeted ads on different sites that use cookies to figure out where you browse. I don't click on them out of principal, but it amazes me that clearly people will click on those ads, otherwise they would not be there in the first place.

Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I agree that the little subscriptions for $5.99 per month can start to add up and if not examined closely, literally go unnoticed. Most of these also have auto renewals and can be a pain to actually cancel.

We have also been doing curb side at HEB since my daughter was born 2 years ago and HEB hasn't been charging a fee. To be honest, our grocery bill has gone down because of it. We just take the prior weeks cart and update it for the current week. Also do this at home so we can verify if we really need certain items. It does have it's drawbacks, but it really does help limit impulse buying.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                              I agree that the little subscriptions for $5.99 per month can start to add up and if not examined closely, literally go unnoticed. Most of these also have auto renewals and can be a pain to actually cancel.

We have also been doing curb side at HEB since my daughter was born 2 years ago and HEB hasn't been charging a fee. To be honest, our grocery bill has gone down because of it. We just take the prior weeks cart and update it for the current week. Also do this at home so we can verify if we really need certain items. It does have it's drawbacks, but it really does help limit impulse buying.
                              They’re charging you, each item you put in the cart is more expensive than if you walked in and did your own shopping. Compare prices in the app next time you’re in the store.

Comment

Working...
                              X