Looking for reviews on the Beretta A300 Ultima 20ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at buying a new semi-auto just because. Have older Benellis including a M1-20 but want to add a gas gun. Shot my brother's A400 20 and an A300 12ga Outlander at clays before the Sept 2 WW hunt and really enjoyed shooting them both. My 725 will probably stay my go-to but wouldn't mind changing it up with a little softer recoil and something that moves a little better in a hot crazy dove field. Anybody have any experience with the A300 Ultima....specifically the 20, although reviews on the 12 ga are welcome as well. Heck if I like it enough, I might buy one of each eventually although I sure like being able to see those yellow hulls on the ground to pick up.. Thanks fellas,

U can't go wrong with that 20 on the 300 Jason. Good solid gun. I would take it over the 400.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      U can't go wrong with that 20 on the 300 Jason. Good solid gun. I would take it over the 400.

That is great coming from you David with your shotgunning eperience! Appreciate the reply

Comment

Beretta fanboy here and believe the A300 Ultima is bases off the 391 similar to the Outlander but have not had my hands on one. Having both 391's and A400's in 12 and 20ga., the only difference I've encountered is breaking them down for cleaning purpose. Both models have operated flawlesly over the years. I cussed cleaning the Outlander the first time but saving $1000 over an A400 is pretty significant for minimal effort.

Comment

Can’t have enough shotguns, and besides..........you deserve it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
            Beretta fanboy here and believe the A300 Ultima is bases off the 391 similar to the Outlander but have not had my hands on one. Having both 391's and A400's in 12 and 20ga., the only difference I've encountered is breaking them down for cleaning purpose. Both models have operated flawlesly over the years. I cussed cleaning the Outlander the first time but saving $1000 over an A400 is pretty significant for minimal effort.

Good stuff, glad to hear that......that $$$$ is kind of why I am looking at the 300 versus the 400. plus I like the black synthetic look.

Comment

Berettas are by far my favorite auto shotgun.
              I have 2 391s, a 12 and a 20. I have put thousands of rounds through both. The a300 is very similar to the 391.
              I think you will be more than satisfied with it.

Comment

Ive had the outlander 12ga as my main duck gun starting 5 seasons now. It has been by far the most reliable auto I've owned and does not get babied. After 4 years I had to remove the recoil spring and pour rusty water out because it got a little sluggish, but it never missed a beat. The ultima is basically the same gun, just with a high rib, kickoff system, and some other little goodies. I read somewhere the receiver is slightly lower but the guts are the same. Cleaning the gas system is waaaay easier than a 391. The 20 sure is tempting
                Last edited by jdg13; 09-20-2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Just buy it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                    Just buy it!!!

Thanks for your valuable input JFT. . Would read again..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Thanks for your valuable input JFT. . Would read again..

Haha

You know I love mine

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                        Haha

You know I love mine

Yes sir… y’all big money A400ers tho.[emoji13][emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Yes sir… y’all big money A400ers tho.[emoji13][emoji1787][emoji23]

Haha

You’re the one with the fancy O/U

Comment

There's this gun called a Benelli Ethos.......but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              There's this gun called a Benelli Ethos.......but whatever.

Like I said in the OP...I have Benellis. I want to add a gas gun ...the Ethos being an inertia gun, doesn't qualify. The $1700 price tag nixes it as well. If I spend that kind of money, I'd add a 28 or 410 to my 725 20..
                              Last edited by Smart; 09-21-2022, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X