Number of applications to selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of applications to selection?

I was running through the total of TPWD, Big Time Hunts, and TYHP applications this year and I came up with 77 and have drawn 3 so far. Last year I had around 55 and wasn't drawn at all. I was curios to know what other people are coming up with.

What's is your number of applications to selection ratio?

I usually put in for a couple of archery hunts and maybe a e-postcard hunt. Then my brother includes me on the gun hunts which is usually around 4 total. So probably a total of 8 or so and I usually draw something every 2 to 3 years.

Comment

I've applied for 30+ hunts for 7 years now- been to Black Gap for archery mule deer and James Daughtrey for archery deer.
      So 2 for 210 give or take.

Comment

ive been putting my boys in for 5 years now, between the 3 of us i probably enter about 20 different hunts a year, only the ones i consider "good." i have 9pts in a couple categories for myself but before my boys were able to hunt i only put in for 3 or 4 hunts a year in those categories.

the first year my son and i drew the chap for archery, he had 1pt and i think i had 4, i was only trying to get another point that year because i knew we wouldnt be able to go.

we didnt draw anything for a couple years then last year they drew youth GDE at powderhorn with 3 and 4pts, this year they drew youth gator at neches with 4pts (again only trying for a point because we have football and cant go), and i just drew hagerman with 4pts.

so 4 draws out of roughly 100 chances in the last 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          ive been putting my boys in for 5 years now, between the 3 of us i probably enter about 20 different hunts a year, only the ones i consider "good." i have 9pts in a couple categories for myself but before my boys were able to hunt i only put in for 3 or 4 hunts a year in those categories.

the first year my son and i drew the chap for archery, he had 1pt and i think i had 4, i was only trying to get another point that year because i knew we wouldnt be able to go.

we didnt draw anything for a couple years then last year they drew youth GDE at powderhorn with 3 and 4pts, this year they drew youth gator at neches with 4pts (again only trying for a point because we have football and cant go), and i just drew hagerman with 4pts.

so 4 draws out of roughly 100 chances in the last 5 years.
          Those are some good draws.

Comment

From 2001 through 2013 I applied for 202 hunts and drawn 12 times.
            From 2014 through 2021 I applied for 557 hunts and drawn 22 times.

That's only counting the $3 and $10 TPWD entries.

Comment

I’m 1 for roughly 200

Comment

I've had some decent luck i guess. I started applying in 2014, have applied for 283 total hunts since then and have been drawn for 14 hunts.
                14/15 - 1 app, no draw
                15/16 - 8 apps, no draw
                16/17 - 17 apps, 1 draw
                17/18 - 34 apps, 4 draws
                18/19 - 45 apps, 3 draws
                19/20 - 49 apps, 1 draw
                20/21 - 59 apps, 2 draws
                21/22 - 53 apps, 2 draws
                22/23 - 17 apps, 1 draw so far this year.

Comment

Tagged. I'll crunch the numbers when I get home and post them up. I know I've only drawn one hunt in several years of applying. My daughter drew one youth hunt (her and my son were on the same application). My son has been much luckier on the youth hunts.
                  Last edited by BradBryant1000; 09-13-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    I've had some decent luck i guess. I started applying in 2014, have applied for 283 total hunts since then and have been drawn for 14 hunts.
                    14/15 - 1 app, no draw
                    15/16 - 8 apps, no draw
                    16/17 - 17 apps, 1 draw
                    17/18 - 34 apps, 4 draws
                    18/19 - 45 apps, 3 draws
                    19/20 - 49 apps, 1 draw
                    20/21 - 59 apps, 2 draws
                    21/22 - 53 apps, 2 draws
                    22/23 - 17 apps, 1 draw so far this year.
                    Those are some good numbers. Its safe to say that almost every year you're going to get drawn.

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                    Tagged. I'll crunch the numbers when I get home and post them up. I know I've only drawn one hunt in several years of applying. My daughter drew one youth hunt (her and my son were on the same application). My son has been much luckier on the youth hunts.
                    My son got drawn two years in a row for TYHP. Last year we struck out, hoping this year he draws.
                    Last edited by piercebronkite; 09-13-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

last 5 years...8 for 188

Comment

2014 - 1 for 28
                        2015 - 0 for 45
                        2016 - 3 for 52
                        2017 - 1 for 55
                        2018 - 3 for 61
                        2019 - 0 for 63
                        2020 - 1 for 74
                        2021 - 2 for 63

Total - 11 for 441 (2.5%)

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                          Just did the numbers.

Last 9 years I have had 150 applications (did not include this year in the numbers as I'm still applying but I am at 30 something so far). Drew one hunt which was a management buck hunt at Mason Mountain WMA. There was one year where I basically didn't apply for much of anything due to personal stuff going on. Another year I was working a lot of extra hours and only applied to 7 hunts.

The kids have applied for 69 hunts and have been drawn 4 times. Also have been on standby hunts 2 times.

Edit:
                          Does not include big time hunts or TYHP hunts. I will have to look at those numbers.
                          Last edited by BradBryant1000; 09-13-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Drawn hunts...
                            2020: 2 for 35
                            2021: 3 for 74
                            2022: 2 for 32 so far. Plan on signing up for all ePostcard hunts.

Comment

1 for ~200

Comment

Working...
                              X