Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If You Don’t Fight Lust

If You Don’t Fight Lust
    Abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. (1 Peter 2:11)
    When I confronted a man about the adultery he was living in, I tried to understand his situation, and I pled with him to return to his wife. Then I said, “You know, Jesus says that if you don’t fight this sin with the kind of seriousness that is willing to gouge out your own eye, you will go to hell and suffer there forever.”
    As a professing Christian, he looked at me in utter disbelief, as though he had never heard anything like this in his life, and said, “You mean you think a person can lose his salvation?”
    So, I have learned again and again from firsthand experience that there are many professing Christians who have a view of salvation that disconnects it from real life, and that nullifies the threats of the Bible, and that puts the sinning person who claims to be a Christian beyond the reach of biblical warnings. I believe this view of the Christian life is comforting thousands who are on the broad way that leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13).
    Jesus said, if you don’t fight lust, you won’t go to heaven. “If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell” (Matthew 5:29). The point is not that true Christians always succeed in every battle. The issue is that we resolve to fight, not that we succeed flawlessly. We don’t make peace with sin. We make war.
    The stakes are much higher than whether the world is blown up by a thousand long-range missiles, or terrorists bomb your city, or global warming melts the ice caps, or AIDS sweeps the nations. All these calamities can kill only the body. But if we don’t fight lust, we lose our souls. Forever.
    Peter says the passions of the flesh wage war against our souls (1 Peter 2:11). The stakes in this war are infinitely higher than in any threat of world war or terrorism. The apostle Paul listed “immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness,” then said it is “on account of these the wrath of God is coming” (Colossians 3:5–6). And the wrath of God is immeasurably more fearful than the wrath of all the nations of the world put together.
    May God give us grace to take our souls and others’ souls seriously and keep up the fight.
    Solid Joy Ministries

Keep the focus!

AMEN!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Amen Bro Bill, thanks for posting.

Comment

Great post to read at the moment. Just turned on the tv a Xena Warrior Princess is on.

Comment

Amen Bro. Bill

Comment

For by Grace you're saved through faith and not of yourselves is a gift of God not of works least any man should boast.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

I am a man and I cannot pluck myself out of God's hand.

I know you have a good heart sir.
              But we might as well just go into Catholicism if we're going to try to scare people to behave how we want them to,

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Amen

Comment

Thank you Bro Bill!

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                      For by Grace you're saved through faith and not of yourselves is a gift of God not of works least any man should boast.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

I am a man and I cannot pluck myself out of God's hand.

I know you have a good heart sir.
                      But we might as well just go into Catholicism if we're going to try to scare people to behave how we want them to,
                      amen brother
                      lust is no different thann telling a lie , or stealing

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by wayne 20 View Post
                          amen brother
                          lust is no different thann telling a lie , or stealing
                          If I had to get re-saved every time I noticed a skimply clad girl that God made extra pretty, in the summer time, around the clear lake area I would have to get re saved every 15 minutes when I take the kids out on the lake.
                          So where's the line between noticing a girl's pretty and lusting.

Is it when you don't turn away like David did on his rooftop, or is it when you invite her to the Palace.

Both are wrong do both put you in hell?

Stuff like this is what turns people away from Christianity because if we have to live it none of us are going to make it. I don't know if you've noticed or not but there are a of lot of sins, listed in the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                            If I had to get re-saved every time I noticed a skimply clad girl that God made extra pretty, in the summer time, around the clear lake area I would have to get re saved every 15 minutes when I take the kids out on the lake.
                            So where's the line between noticing a girl's pretty and lusting.

Is it when you don't turn away like David did on his rooftop, or is it when you invite her to the Palace.

Both are wrong do both put you in hell?

Stuff like this is what turns people away from Christianity because if we have to live it none of us are going to make it. I don't know if you've noticed or not but there are a of lot of sins, listed in the Bible.
                            could not agree more

Comment

A huge part of Jesus teaching is all about repentance! When people choose to live in sin and not repent and turn away from the sin they are involved in, it’s a very serious situation! Sin and repentance are not popular topics these days , unfortunately even among many who claim Christ as there savior.

Comment

Working...
                              X