Grub around Dripping Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grub around Dripping Springs

Going to stay a night or two for a wedding. Any recommendations for a good hamburger joint or any local non chain place of any kind of good food? I live 45 miles SW of there but haven’t been up that way other than having to drive around or thru in 15 years.

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
    Going to stay a night or two for a wedding. Any recommendations for a good hamburger joint or any local non chain place of any kind of good food? I live 45 miles SW of there but haven’t been up that way other than having to drive around or thru in 15 years.
    I don't have any good recommendations for lunch or dinner but Flores Breakfast and Lunch makes my favorite breakfast tacos. I've never eaten lunch there. I will stop 100% of the time I drive by that place at breakfast hours. The Hillary is my go to. I recently realized they make Burrito sized breakfast tacos as well. Same ingredients at the regular size, size just bigger.

Note: Its just a little shack so it doesn't have much of a place to sit down (couple picknick tables outside) and it doesn't have any wait staff. It's more like a food truck.
    Last edited by Gclyde28; 06-15-2022, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Note that the green Flores shack is down by the HS on 290. A couple miles east of DS is Flores Restaurant . It used to be decent but service and food has declined to the point we won't stop there at all.

North of DS at RR12 and Hamilton Pool is Carmelos. Nice little Italian place with pretty good food.

Treaty Oak Distillery on Fitzugh a little east of RR12 is good.

Comment

Route 12 Filling Station for a burger.

Comment

Hay's City Store and Icehouse has excellent food and is only about a 15 mile drive.
          Last edited by dbaio1; 06-15-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

If you have time, check out Blanco as well. The restaurant choices there are very solid for the size of the town. Old 300 is great barbeque, the pizza place is outstanding and Redbud has great axis burgers, sandwiches and other things.

Comment

Excellent. Thank y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                Hay's City Store and Icehouse has excellent food and is only about a 15 mile drive.
                Winner.

/thread

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We recently ate a Pig Pen BBQ and enjoyed it. Ribs, brisket, and sausage were good. Beans were ok, but had a different “flare” to them other than traditional red beans bbq. Their corn is more of a street corn style.

Comment

I agree about the Pig Pen BBQ. We tried it a couple weeks ago. Its pretty good. Not in the same league as Opie's, but good eats. Flores breakfast is VERY good and worth the wait. We have not eaten here in several years, but Oak Creek Cafe used to be pretty good. If its a burger you want, make your way yo Alamo Springs Cafe. It's FANTASTIC.

Comment

Ate at the Oak Hills Cafe last night. Pretty good catfish/shrimp combo plate, peach cobbler was bad ***. Nice owners/wait staff as well. Very few people in there from 6-7.

Wanted Flores for breakfast this morning (someone referenced it and is only a mile down the road from here) but ended up eating here at the hotel. I’m betting Flores would’ve smoked the powdered eggs I had. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        Oh Ya, get some fried pork chops with Jalapeno gravey.

Comment

Burgers-Hill Country Pizza (their chopped steak is the best) located next to HEB, Route 12 Filling station is pretty good as well
                          Fried Catfish-Oak Creek Cafe
                          Breakfast Tacos-Flores Breakfast & Lunch (not to be mistaken for Flores) There is a gas station across from Orielly's Auto Parts that is the best mexican food/breakfast in town. Both of these are pick up to go.
                          BBQ-Pig Pen BBQ, Railroad BBQ is OK.

I work and eat in Dripping Daily and these are my go to spots.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            Burgers-Hill Country Pizza (their chopped steak is the best) located next to HEB, Route 12 Filling station is pretty good as well
                            Fried Catfish-Oak Creek Cafe
                            Breakfast Tacos-Flores Breakfast & Lunch (not to be mistaken for Flores) There is a gas station across from Orielly's Auto Parts that is the best mexican food/breakfast in town. Both of these are pick up to go.
                            BBQ-Pig Pen BBQ, Railroad BBQ is OK.

I work and eat in Dripping Daily and these are my go to spots.
                            Thank you bud.

Who’s the company west of town on 290 flying that big *** gay flag?

Comment

That is called Dreamland. They have putt putt golf, pickle ball and some other games. They have a ton of beer and wine on tap all self serve. The cost to go there will end up being at least $100 per person and have heard that they don't close your tab out and let their friends drink for free. Have heard complaints from multiple people. I, myself, will never go there.

My office is somewhat across the road from them.
                              Last edited by bowhuntertex; 06-16-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X