Cheap Amazon Lithium Batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Amazon Lithium Batteries?

Anybody tried these things for feeder batteries? Lots of potential if they dont flake.

Also looking at bigger sizes for trolling motors but even the bootleg brands arent cheap.
    Last edited by toledo; 02-08-2022, 09:12 PM.

I’d be interested also, if they are compatible with the existing solar panels on todays feeders.

Comment

I would be very cautious of that battery brand for 1 reason. It does not have low temperature charging protection. If you charge lithium batteries when they are below freezing then you greatly decrease it’s lifespan. Batteries that don’t have low temperature protection are also always cheaply made and are VERY rarely going to last.

There is a YouTube channel where the guy tests batteries like this, then he takes them apart to see how they are built. DIY solar with Will Prouse is the channel. He might have already tested this brand.

Comment

I've been looking at amped outdoor for my electronics

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazon batteries suck. My .02. A third the power of energizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would avoid it. More cheap Chinese inventory from Amazon.

Comment

Im looking into if for depth finders and radio. 30-60 amp

Comment

They may work fine, but no way I’m going cheap or skimping on my batteries for feeders or cameras. That’s the main 2 things I need to be successful especially that feeder spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                  I’d be interested also, if they are compatible with the existing solar panels on todays feeders.
                  No need for something like this on a feeder! Cheap 12v's last forever with no issues

These are for high output devices

Comment

I would stay away. Apart from the charging in cold issue, Lithium batteries take LOTS of maintenance. I have been looking for one for my race car, and it basically has to be on a charger nearly constantly when not driving, or you significantly decrease longevity. The benefit is the weight reduction.

If you need lithium, go with something like Braille.

Comment

Regular 12v feeder batteries are cheaper, we have some hooked up to solar panels that are 10 years old. Why spend more to replace something that works just fine?

Comment

Lithium batteries are not a place to go cheap, especially if it would be bad if the battery blow up on you.

Comment

Lithium prices are crazy! I like to run them in my trail cameras - Home Depot is selling a 8 pack of Energizer AAs for almost $14 - that's $1.75 each!

Comment

Don't buy them. Would not trust.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                              Lithium batteries are not a place to go cheap, especially if it would be bad if the battery blow up on you.
                              I have a question ?Why is there such a big discrepancy in the cost of lithium 12 volt batteries. I'm talking about for a boat like a hundred amp hour battery From what I can see you're all made in China

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X