Tractor question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor question.

I’m in the market for a 40 HP +\- and I understand Mahindra is the only brand that does not required the use of DEF, plus has a 7 year warranty Any Mahindra owners out there and your opinions regarding quality and durability of the Mahindra? I currently have a 2011 John Deere 65 HP but need a smaller HP for smaller jobs.

Thanks

Doug Key

I bought a 2012 model 6530 mahindra. So far it has been a pretty good tractor, but there has been a couple of issues.
    The steel fuel tank is prone to rust, especially if you do not keep the fuel level high. There is a strainer that can easily plug with rust above the fuel petcock where the fuel line exits the tank. I have had to replace/clean the strainer several times. But keeping the tank fairly full and using a diesel treatment has helped.

The fuel pump has developed a leak. The local dealer is backlogged with work and told me that the fuel pump "might " be repairable. But if not, the replacement is over $2000. So far, I have just decided that the leak is not that bad.

The other issue is the noise. The 3 cylinder diesel is really noisy (no cab). But other than these issues, I still like the tractor. It is a stout built tractor and it handles the frontend loader and grapple very well.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
      I’m in the market for a 40 HP +\- and I understand Mahindra is the only brand that does not required the use of DEF, plus has a 7 year warranty Any Mahindra owners out there and your opinions regarding quality and durability of the Mahindra? I currently have a 2011 John Deere 65 HP but need a smaller HP for smaller jobs.

Thanks

Doug Key
      There are plenty of Tractor mfgs that don't require DEF now. I have a 48 hp Branson that does not require it.

Comment

Thanks. I did not know that.

Comment

Keep what you got. Most folks want a bigger tractor lol. What work are you doing with it? Might go older used tractor

Comment

tractor

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Keep what you got. Most folks want a bigger tractor lol. What work are you doing with it? Might go older used tractor
            X2

Comment

Curious what tractor you have and how much smaller framed tractor you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anything under around 90 hp doesn’t have def on it just a dpf filter

Comment

FWIW

Shoppas had 10 year warranty and 0% on deere when I bought

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    Sounds like he's keeping the larger one and just wants to add a smaller one for misc. jobs. ?

Comment

My 6-year old Kubota is 56Hp and does not use DEF.
                      It has been a fabulous tool; well-built and fuel efficient.
                      My neighbor's Mahindra (oh he was so smug when he bought it 'cheap') has been back to the dealer for repairs twice in 2 years. I wouldn't have a Mahindra.

Comment

No def for engines under 75 hp. They will still be tier 4 though. At this stage in the game, all tier 4 emissions are pretty good with low failure rates. Just have to keep them around 2000 rpm all the time.

Comment

I bought a 48 horse TMZ last year. No def required and has been a great little tractor for my needs.

Comment

bought a 45hp model in 04. that thing has been absolutely strong and reliable

Comment

I've had three. I put about a 1000 hours on a 45 hp cab and a 4530. I run now a 6560. I putt around the ranch cutting and moving brush, do a little dirt work and found that no one should have a tractor without the pallet forks. My dealer is 8 miles away, will come get it for service or do it here if he can as at 74 I now realize that crawling under tractors is a thing of the past. If'n I was to try and make a living on a tractor, it probably would not be a Mahindra. The front end came apart on the cab and the 4530 had transmission and fuel and hydralic leak issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X