No announcement yet.

Redneck A/C Cletus style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a cooler set aside at home to do this. I just havent yet.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
        Good Job Clint! where do you put the batteries. Really interested in how long it will blow cool air before the jug ice melts
        I'm going to have a shelf in the corner to put them on. If this works decent I'm going to be putting an on/off switch in the line. I plan to mount a solar panel to the roof of the sleeper to keep the batteries charged up(I hope).

I'm going to get the full "blown" test going in a minute and I'm going to let it run until the batteries are dead or the ice is gone. Which ever comes first.

Sent from my iCrapper
        Last edited by CletusBodeen; 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
          I have never made one but will now after seeing this..

Would it work better with two frozen milk jugs and a 12v deep cycle marine batt?
          It would have to work since it works with one ice jug.
          I may end up going with a deep cycle battery so I know I'll enough juice to run the fan for a while. I have a big battery charger in my camper for just in case the jeep needs a boost, so keeping a marine battery charged won't be a problem.

Sent from my iCrapper

Comment

Inside temp before the test starts is 106F

Sent from my iCrapper
            Attached Files

Comment

Really interested to see how your test pans out.

Greg

Comment

I've got the cooler in the sleeper and running now. The temperature of the air at the vent is 79.

Just a side note, this is sitting in the shade of our house at this time. So starting temp was from being in the shade.

Sent from my iCrapper
                Attached Files

Comment

It has dropped the inside temp to 98 at this time. It's been in there for 30 minutes now and the jug really hasn't melted any yet. I'll check it again in an hour and post a temp pic.

Sent from my iCrapper

Comment

Well, it's been an hour now.
                    Temp is down to 88. The ice jug is still pretty solid but slowly melting.
                    Not real good results but come October when the high temp is 85-90 it'll be at least 70 and that is tolerable for me.

Sent from my iCrapper
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I need to get my fan sealed off because I am getting some blow by around the hole. I may also look at making it a 2 jug set up for extra cooling. I'll have to wait and see. I'll check it again before bed time and let it run all night. That will give me an idea of run time on the batteries.

Comment

Good job Clint! Glad someone finally got after this. If it drops the inside temp 20 degrees, and with a breeze blow-n from the fan, that would certainly beat 95+ inside a pop-up during the first couple of weeks of Oct .

Comment

Wonder what you could do with a bigger chest and multiple fans. Say a 150 qt cooler, block ice inside or the frozen milk jugs would work as well, maybe even better, and two or three fans, I bet you could make that sleeper really cold, considering you created a 20 degree drop with just one jug and one fan. How much noise does that fan make? I've heard some computer fans that sound like a jet engine taking off.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Good job Clint! Glad someone finally got after this. If it drops the inside temp 20 degrees, and with a breeze blow-n from the fan, that would certainly beat 95+ inside a pop-up during the first couple of weeks of Oct .
                              Kind of my way of thinking.

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                              Wonder what you could do with a bigger chest and multiple fans. Say a 150 qt cooler, block ice inside or the frozen milk jugs would work as well, maybe even better, and two or three fans, I bet you could make that sleeper really cold, considering you created a 20 degree drop with just one jug and one fan. How much noise does that fan make? I've heard some computer fans that sound like a jet engine taking off.
                              The fan I got(northern tool) is pretty dang quiet. I'm probably going to add another jug and do another test in a couple of days. I may even get another old ice chest(I have several laying around) and build a second one for the sleeper. I've got plenty of room for 2 and they'll make good foot rests for power naps

Going out for quick check then off to bed. No pics this time though since it's dark and I have 3g iPhone(no flash).

Comment

Man you are a genius!!! Look at you thinking outside of the box...You may have to put a TBH patent on that

Comment

Working...
                                X