X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the deer pictures

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to everyone that’s out there today!

Comment

Had my first sit last night. Didn’t see anything but a couple of coyotes at about 500 yards. Felt good to be out there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kry, thanks for getting this going.

I lost a great buck last year.
          Major disappointment.
          It all looked good, pass through, good blood. Buck bedded at about 120 yards but was gone when my dog and I tracked him. She lost the track at the creek. Brought in a 2nd dog, same story. Turned the pasture upside down looking, nothing. He never came back, just vanished.
          I took the loss pretty hard.

The ranch went 9 months with no measurable rainfall.
          Fawn recruitment down to a precious few.
          Deer look pretty good despite the desperate range conditions for most of the year.

2022 was my first attempt at bee keeping.
          Myself and a friend tried to remove a resident hive from the farm house and rehouse them in a bee box.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	bee hive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	24693568

It did not go well.
          I was stung in the ear, inside my nose and through my jeans a bunch, my buddy is still probably pulling stingers from his ankles.
          We couldn’t get within 50 yards of camp without getting swarmed all weekend. We had to suit up just to load the truck and leave.

Those will be my bees, I will make another attempt in the future.

Last weekend.
          Wind was wrong Thursday and Friday, but laid down and was perfect for opening morning. The bachelor group came in, nice to be back with a bow in my hand and close to big game.

I’ve got 3 deserving boys that worked hard this year and my wife is showing interest in rifle hunting, excited to see what this year holds for them.
          Should be fun.

Name:	09150147.JPG
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	24693561

Name:	09040059.JPG
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	24693562

Name:	09060627.JPG
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	24693563

Name:	09060633.JPG
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	24693564

Name:	09080206.JPG
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	24693565

Name:	09100911.JPG
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	24693566

Name:	09180497.JPG
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	24693567

Some random work weekend pics.

Name:	gate1.jpg
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	24693581

Name:	bacon.jpg
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	24693571

Name:	Marbles.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	24693570

Name:	pen.jpg
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	24693573

Name:	elm creek.jpg
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	24693569

And a camp boar from last weekend.

Name:	boar1.jpg
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	24693572

Name:	pig2.jpg
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	24693574

Good luck everybody.

Name:	gate2.jpg
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	24693582

Comment

Awesome pics as always, Clark! Love the double throat patch buck too. Great to see the family in the mix!

Comment

They were consuming about 16000 lbs of protein a month before the rain and 3-5k pics at every spot. Now they are barely touching it and a 1/4 of the pics. I think they had there fill of the bagged stuff through the summer.
              They will come back around before long.
              Not sure if it was anything measurable but the the weather gauge said we got some precip this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                Kry, thanks for getting this going.

I lost a great buck last year.
                Major disappointment.
                It all looked good, pass through, good blood. Buck bedded at about 120 yards but was gone when my dog and I tracked him. She lost the track at the creek. Brought in a 2nd dog, same story. Turned the pasture upside down looking, nothing. He never came back, just vanished.
                I took the loss pretty hard.

The ranch went 9 months with no measurable rainfall.
                Fawn recruitment down to a precious few.
                Deer look pretty good despite the desperate range conditions for most of the year.

2022 was my first attempt at bee keeping.
                Myself and a friend tried to remove a resident hive from the farm house and rehouse them in a bee box.
                [ATTACH]1104674[/ATTACH]

It did not go well.
                I was stung in the ear, inside my nose and through my jeans a bunch, my buddy is still probably pulling stingers from his ankles.
                We couldn’t get within 50 yards of camp without getting swarmed all weekend. We had to suit up just to load the truck and leave.

Those will be my bees, I will make another attempt in the future.

Last weekend.
                Wind was wrong Thursday and Friday, but laid down and was perfect for opening morning. The bachelor group came in, nice to be back with a bow in my hand and close to big game.

I’ve got 3 deserving boys that worked hard this year and my wife is showing interest in rifle hunting, excited to see what this year holds for them.
                Should be fun.

[ATTACH]1104666[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1104667[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1104668[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1104669[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1104670[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1104671[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1104672[/ATTACH]

Some random work weekend pics.

[ATTACH]1104706[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]1104677[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]1104676[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]1104679[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]1104675[/ATTACH]

And a camp boar from last weekend.

[ATTACH]1104678[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]1104683[/ATTACH]

Good luck everybody.
                [ATTACH]1104707[/ATTACH]
                You may be dealing with Africanized bees. Normal bees should not swarm you from 50 yards out. Better be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  You may be dealing with Africanized bees. Normal bees should not swarm you from 50 yards out. Better be careful.
                  Thanks.
                  The guy who helped me is the son of a former state bee inspector. He’s spent his whole life handling bees and said those were the most aggressive bees he’s ever dealt with. Strongly felt those bees were a horrible choice for my first bees. He recommended killing them and starting with some less aggressive ones.
                  Last edited by Clark; 10-09-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                    Thanks.
                    The guy who helped me is the son of a former state bee inspector. He’s spent his whole life handling bees and said those were the most aggressive bees he’s ever dealt with. Strongly felt those bees were a horrible choice for my first bees. He recommended killing them and starting with some less aggressive ones.
                    I agree with him.

I had a hive in my barn for a few years. I called every bee keeper in north Texas I could find and none wanted to come out and collect the hive. One did tell me the best way to kill them and also harvest the honey is to wait for a cold morning, then spray water on the bees. They will fall off the hive and die due to the cold. Not sure you can wait that long, but thought I'd share just in case.

P.S. The year I was planning to harvest the honey, the hive took off like they were served alimony papers.

Comment

Checking in from Garza county. Our deer numbers are way down. No measurable rain for 8 months then we had 7 inches in 1 day. Have not seen any fawns at all and the bucks look pretty rough. I think our deer population took a hit and alot of them relocated to areas with water. I've spent the last month pleading with guys on the place to not shoot undersized deer this year and leave the does alone.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump. Been awfully quiet in the Panhandle lately.

Comment

Been a rough start, drought has out deer down like everyone else. We shot a few pigs this weekend but the hotter than hell Temps had movement to a trickle. Saw 2 spikes this AM and arrowed a pretty thick boar.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a tough year at both of my places in Crosby and Dickens county. This is year 2 of drought at one place and 3 years at the other. Our 5 year olds are still around the same score they were at 3.5, and some went slightly down from last year. Have a couple older deer that may be worth trying to get my almost 11 year old on for his first 130-140" deer, because he was so angry at me last year for not letting him shoot any bucks.

Comment

Seeing a ton of pigs in Briscoe County. Had a mule deer doe at the feeder for the first time during a cold front. Tons of Auodad but deer seem thin. Anyone in Briscoe on the caprock seeing anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by LtizzleMcTiZ View Post
                                Seeing a ton of pigs in Briscoe County. Had a mule deer doe at the feeder for the first time during a cold front. Tons of Auodad but deer seem thin. Anyone in Briscoe on the caprock seeing anything yet?

Not seeing a whole lot right now either. Mule deer are hitting feeders pretty hard right now but white tails are hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X