hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
    I did a run on the GFS Model and it shows that this thing kicks back out into the Atlantic and redevelops into another hurricane about 10 days from now. 10 days is a long way out but that is what it shows.

Weather Channel reported it would have a 2nd landfall on east coast but not 10 days out

Comment

It’s scary to think that just east of Tampa is one of the largest retirement communities in the US and a rather large portion of that retirement community area is mobile homes

Comment

I've got a buddy in sarasota riding it out for some reason. Haven't heard from him since last night.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2aticerEcs"]Hurricane Ian Landfall - LIVE Weather Coverage - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I work for a big bee keeping operation and one of our locations is in Punta Gorda, FL. 20,000~ hives over there. I'm afraid they are going to have quite the mess on their hands after this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
              It’s scary to think that just east of Tampa is one of the largest retirement communities in the US and a rather large portion of that retirement community area is mobile homes
              A friend lives east of Sarasota. I'd hazard a guess that half of them are snowbirds based on what she has told me, down to FL in wintertime, up to the north in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                I work for a big bee keeping operation and one of our locations is in Punta Gorda, FL. 20,000~ hives over there. I'm afraid they are going to have quite the mess on their hands after this one.
                That’s a nice area. My recently deceased FIL lived there. His wife still does. She is staying. That area looks to be fixing to take some serious beatings.

Comment

I have always wondered people's reasoning for staying behind when you're about to get hit head-on by major winds/storm surge. Not trying to be rude but can somebody explain maybe why people would make that decision?

The house I live in nor any single item I posses is worth risking my life over. Take what I can/need with me and get away has always been my mindset

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                    I have always wondered people's reasoning for staying behind when you're about to get hit head-on by major winds/storm surge. Not trying to be rude but can somebody explain maybe why people would make that decision?

The house I live in nor any single item I posses is worth risking my life over. Take what I can/need with me and get away has always been my mindset
                    No l9gical reason whet so ever. You're just one more person that emergency crews have to worry about. And if you do survive then what?? No electricity and running water for days, maybe even weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post

Never have, but there was a time I probably would have. A feeling of the unknown being the worst part, plus thinking you could do something to mitigate problems, plus preventing looting after the fact and being scared of being denied re-entry would top the list. Worth it- no, dumb-yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Never have, but there was a time I probably would have. A feeling of the unknown being the worst part, plus thinking you could do something to mitigate problems, plus preventing looting after the fact and being scared of being denied re-entry would top the list. Worth it- no, dumb-yes.

This coupled with being snarled on a clogged road for hours. We had folks who were stuck in vehicles so long in the scorching heat trying to evacuate for Rita that they were dying. Several died trying to just leave. Then they wouldn't let us come back. The thought that I'd rather risk it than do that again is easy to justify

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

hurricane season 2022

These guys fly into hell on earth. I hate light turbulence on a united flight.

Comment

I have a fishing guide friend that is staying put in Fort Meyers. He lives on the canal system. Retired ex military and owned several different businesses. He’s been doing a Facebook live every hour or so, his last venture outside, palm trees were down all over the place and his two big mango trees are knocked over.

There’s a lot of transplants in Florida as well as residents that have all dodged a bullet for quite some time, I see so many threads on Facebook from residents that state it’s just going to be a rain storm, this is nothing different than in the past. These folks don’t realize what is going to transpire today and tonight.

Comment

They are fixing to get leveled, people who stayed better start praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                                This coupled with being snarled on a clogged road for hours. We had folks who were stuck in vehicles so long in the scorching heat trying to evacuate for Rita that they were dying. Several died trying to just leave. Then they wouldn't let us come back. The thought that I'd rather risk it than do that again is easy to justify

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                Rita was a horrible experience on the roads, no doubt. We spent 18 hours on a highway that should have only been a 5 hour trip. What Rita taught me is to leave earlier than everyone else. I would have already been in my safe spot before Ian hit Cuba.

Comment

Working...
                                X