No announcement yet.

who remembers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, 1970 VW, push start often. From there I went to crawling underneath and grounding out started. Finally figured out how to install a push button switch. That was Pimp.

Comment

I have done this a few times. Unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
        In the early 90s I had a manual Nissan pickup.
        Being fresh out of high school I had a pretty low paying job and the starter went out, or so I thought.

By the time I paid rent, insurance etc it took forever to save for a starter, I think about 6 months. I got really good at picking parking spots, but it really put a dent in my dating life.

Once I finally had the money I went to Ace Alternators in the next town over, they tested everything out, came back in to tell me it was my neutral safety switch. I can’t remember how much the relay was, but they only charged me a dollar to by pass it.
        I bought them lunch but still kick myself in arse for pushing that thing for so fricking long.
        One fricking dollar. [emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Fresh out of HS in the early 90's? Durn boy, you're still wet behind the ears!

Comment

Best thing about having a standard is when you run out of gas you can turn it over and ride the clutch and it will hop out of the road.

Comment

Working...
          X