Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grommets for 3/4” thick material

Been looking and not seeing.

Need/want grommets (or other ideas) for a rubber mat that is min 5/8” to 3/4” thick. Need to hang a thick kinda heavy rubber mat.

Heck, drilled holes in the mat might work but was trying to think of strength/longevity.

Any ideas??

EMT conduit. Cut it to the thickness of the mat you are using, drill holes in the mat slightly smaller than the O.D. Of the conduit, press the conduit in the holes you drilled in the mat.

Comment

Give a bit more info. How are you trying to hang it? Do you already have hooks or cable or chain you are going to hang it on? I am trying to understand the grommet idea. Normally grommets are to insulate or protect from abrasions, scuffing, cutting.

Comment

Horse stall mats for a backstop?

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post
          EMT conduit. Cut it to the thickness of the mat you are using, drill holes in the mat slightly smaller than the O.D. Of the conduit, press the conduit in the holes you drilled in the mat.
          Not a bad thought at all.
          Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          Give a bit more info. How are you trying to hang it? Do you already have hooks or cable or chain you are going to hang it on? I am trying to understand the grommet idea. Normally grommets are to insulate or protect from abrasions, scuffing, cutting.
          Was thinking some sort of hook in 2x4 to hang. Just looking for some extra support on rubber “kinda” like a grommet.
          Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Horse stall mats for a backstop?

Bisch

Yes, behind bag target just in case of an errant arrow.
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2-2x4 with mat sandwiched in the middle. Couple 5/16" bolts all the way through both 2x4's and mat will clamp it tight enough to never sag. Can screw eye hooks into the top of the 2x4 to hang said mat from

Comment

you could bolt a two pieces of metal or wood on both sides then drill a hole through all of it that would add a lot of strength

Comment

Some pieces of conduit may fit the bill. Didn’t think of that.

That’s why you toss out questions..

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                  2-2x4 with mat sandwiched in the middle. Couple 5/16" bolts all the way through both 2x4's and mat will clamp it tight enough to never sag. Can screw eye hooks into the top of the 2x4 to hang said mat from
                  Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                  you could bolt a two pieces of metal or wood on both sides then drill a hole through all of it that would add a lot of strength
                  Also great ideas. Not sure why I didn’t think of this or the conduit thing.

Markers Mark??

Comment

What I did:

Comment

Sorry, that came out bigger than I intended.

Comment

The mud flaps on trucks are just rubber with holes sandwiched between flat bar.

Comment

Eye bolts with fender washers?

I’ve done that and flatbar sandwich both.

Comment

Working...
                          X