Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swacker 252 won’t group

Afternoon y’all.

My shwackers finally came in! Just in time for season. I knew I’d have to make adjustments to my rest from shooting field tips, but dang, the broad heads and field tips refuse to group together. Is this a common deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a big blade. Has it been paper tuned?

Comment

How far off? A head that big will probably be finicky to torque/movement. What distance?

Comment

How do the broadheads group?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          How far off? A head that big will probably be finicky to torque/movement. What distance?

About a 4” spread horizontally at 20 and 30 yards.

Each groups tight to their respective heads

Comment

You just need to adjust your rest in tiny tiny increments and they will come together. You're going to get conflicting rest directions from folks but I've always gotten them to close up by moving the rest in the direction opposite of the broadheads flight since the FP is affected less by the adjustment.

Comment

Move rest in small increments until they hit dead on.

If it doesn’t fix it.. check yo self, I have a bad problem with torque and broadheads tend to hit to the right and fight it until I’m ready to quit archey all together

Nock pinch could also be a possibility

Comment

Move your sight. Who cares where your field points hit. As long as your broadheads fly good and you can shoot groups….

I haven’t shot a field tip in 9 years…..because I don’t hunt with field tips.

Comment

My thoughts are to not adjust the rest..and not worry if the broadheads and field tips group together. If the arrows with the field tips paper tuned well the arrow was coming off the bow straight and level. If you change the tip(assuming it’s same weight) I don’t see how that makes the whole arrow suddenly not come off the bow straight and level, and needs to have the rest moved to get it to do so. Now the field tip versus the Broadhead will have different flight characteristics, which would lead to a different point of impact down range.
                  The final stage for me in “tuning” my bow to get ready for hunting is to move the sight and use the exact arrow, Broadhead, lighted nock I will hunt with. Sharpen the blades before it’s go time. When hunting season is over I’ll move the sight back for field tips.

Comment

Some terrible advise so far.

Yes, it is common so adjust your rest until field points and broad heads come together. (Skip the paper tune)

If you just adjust sights for broad heads then your arrows hit target flying wonky which kills penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Some terrible advise so far.

Yes, it is common so adjust your rest until field points and broad heads come together. (Skip the paper tune)

If you just adjust sights for broad heads then your arrows hit target flying wonky which kills penetration.
                      There’s a test to see if they’re hitting the target at a funky angle..stand behind the target and see if the arrow is pointing straight back towards where you shot the arrow from.

Terrible “advice” or do you disregard that simple method to tell you the arrow is flying good as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X