No announcement yet.

No Till Drill Refommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone be interested in renting a no-till drill in Central Texas? If so, how much would you pay? I've been thinking about buying a no-till drill and then renting to off-set the costs. Thoughts?

Comment

Tar River gets good reviews for an economical model.

Pinkys in Farmersville had a used Midland Pasture Dream last time I checked for under $3000, needed a paint job but those are bullet proof. That is a 3 point unit.
      Last edited by wellingtontx; 09-20-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I bought a 1006NT 2 years back and have loved it. Its a 10 ft vs the 6 ft you are looking for, but works exactly the same as a smaller unit. They aren't cheap, but true one pass planting with dual seedboxes. For comparison, I have a 85HP Kubota and it pulls it well.

Comment

tag

Comment

We rent a 10 foot JD no till drill once a year to plant. $50 no brainer for the weekend from the feed store.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              We rent a 10 foot JD no till drill once a year to plant. $50 no brainer for the weekend from the feed store.
              Dang thats cheap is that $50 per day rate?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                Dang thats cheap is that $50 per day rate?
                Yes. My buddy lets me check it out Friday after work and I bring back anytime before Monday when they open.

WIN WIN!! Small town life

It maybe a 12 footer actually. Ill measure when I rent in a few weeks. It has a small seed box also

I plant plots for us, my uncle, and my buddy. So $50 split 3 ways is pennies on dollar

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Yes. My buddy lets me check it out Friday after work and I bring back anytime before Monday when they open.

WIN WIN!! Small town life

It maybe a 12 footer actually. Ill measure when I rent in a few weeks. It has a small seed box also

I plant plots for us, my uncle, and my buddy. So $50 split 3 ways is pennies on dollar
                  Heck you can save that just in seed cost ratio vs having to broadcast.

Ive been looking for one for a few years now. Plant a little deer plot but would like to be able to plant 40-60 acres a year in winter pasture for cows.

Comment

Check out the genesis hd series

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                      Heck you can save that just in seed cost ratio vs having to broadcast.

Ive been looking for one for a few years now. Plant a little deer plot but would like to be able to plant 40-60 acres a year in winter pasture for cows.
                      They are out there, just depends on what you want to spend and/or how mechanically inclined you are. My previous drill was a 50s model JD FBB that was old when I rescued it from a field. Spent a couple months in the evenings greasing, breaking frozen gears free and re-working the gearbox and it worked great for about 10 years. And it was free other than diesel to get it and grease.

Comment

Just saw on Marketplace for FB, that someone selling a No Till Pasture Dream in the Belton area for $2000

That is actually a great deal on a solid No Till.

Comment

Working...
                        X