Looking for hay in Gonzales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for hay in Gonzales

Anyone have or know of any reasonably priced hay in or around south central Texas?

Originally posted by merlin View Post
    Anyone have or know of any reasonably priced hay in or around south central Texas?

How much do you need and round or square?

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Looking for about 20 round bales

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
          Looking for about 20 round bales

Don’t know if they have that much or if they are willing to sell but I’ll check and let you know by tomorrow

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Ttt

Comment

PM sent with some hay in the Shiner area.

Comment

Good thing is in some areas it look like there could be a second cut.

Comment

Heard a guy in Burnet purchased some for $185 per bale...That sounds crazy high to me, but I don't know that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                    I’m going to make my third cutting next week on the 2 small fields I have in the flood plain. 0 cuttings on the rest. Sold before the tractor fires up.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I’ve gotten 11 18wheeler loads so far from Alabama. Fertilized tifton 85 and some costal cheaper and better than the junk here in Texas. Bales are cheap…. Freight is where it stings

Truck load is $3k. Hopefully will get 1 good and 1 mehhh cutting and I won’t need the other 500

These part time farmer bales are right at 1/2 the forage of one we bale

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        I’ve gotten 11 18wheeler loads so far from Alabama. Fertilized tifton 85 and some costal cheaper and better than the junk here in Texas. Bales are cheap…. Freight is where it stings

Truck load is $3k. Hopefully will get 1 good and 1 mehhh cutting and I won’t need the other 500

These part time farmer bales are right at 1/2 the forage of one we bale
                        3k for hay and freight?
                        How many bales on a truck?

Comment

Hay and freight… bales per load…. We quit that mess. Nobody makes a real bale of hay “5 and a halves”… are usually 5’ at best

He called and was excited he got 42 on the trailer instead of 38. I assured him he hadn’t found a magic way to load… 4’3”. We just pay him for a full load. Most are now 38 bales 5’. One this week had 42 but ticket said 38

Texas is the only place on earth that buys per bale vs ton

In my hay barn each section will hold 45 of my 5x6 bales…. I put 96 of these in less space

$45 a bale… the rest is freight the trash here is $125 in the field. Alfalfa is $400 a bale

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Hay and freight… bales per load…. We quit that mess. Nobody makes a real bale of hay “5 and a halves”… are usually 5’ at best

He called and was excited he got 42 on the trailer instead of 38. I assured him he hadn’t found a magic way to load… 4’3”. We just pay him for a full load. Most are now 38 bales 5’. One this week had 42 but ticket said 38

Texas is the only place on earth that buys per bale vs ton

In my hay barn each section will hold 45 of my 5x6 bales…. I put 96 of these in less space

$45 a bale… the rest is freight the trash here is $125 in the field. Alfalfa is $400 a bale
                            well this post cleared it up......

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                              Stan, do you plan to get another cutting?

Comment

Working...
                              X