Will we ever know the TRUTH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    I didn't watch the full video. Where is the mount at now?
    There was a rumor it was lost in a fire. I believe his son said it's still in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      I never thought the buck looked right to me.
      All of his LDP look like the bucks have been scalped.

Reminds me of the inventor of the GHILLIE SUIT getting caught putting skull caps he bought and putting them on deer he killed. I think his name was Marc Anthony.

Comment

Ah, the good old days. I remember in the late 60's and early 70's chasing large muley bucks in SW Colorado with my bow and seeing some giant deer. Never could quite seal the deal so I bought a book by a guy called Kirk Darner on how to do it. Got him to autograph it and read it several times knowing my quest would soon be over. Haha. Found out shortly there after he was a poacher. Still think his thoughts were spot on, but he was a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
          Any of you guys remember back in the 80's when Bill Day tied a set of horns stolen from a taxidermist in Canada on a Mexico buck?
          I remember that one. Bald guy who had a full body mount done right? I remember a magazine cover shot of it.

Comment

The rack is fake af…
            The other picture of deer he supposedly killed circulating the internet look fake also. The harder you look at them the worse they get.
            Guy had a criminal record and did his own taxidermy (figures)
            He fabricated the infamous buck and story and when the pressure to validate it got too great he made the buck and story disappear. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              If this old boy went around bragging about it and someone questioned me and my reputation I'd let em prove to the world that I'm not a shady ole boy and that my word is solid

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              I grew up around some country boys who were pretty full of themselves and didn’t much care what anyone else thought. Unless you wanted to challenge them directly, in which case the only thing they wanted to prove is that they could kick your a##. Not everyone is wired the same way.

The reality though is that in the absence of knowing all the facts, you have to choose what to believe. I want to believe it’s legit, but I can see why some wouldn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                The rack is fake af…
                The other picture of deer he supposedly killed circulating the internet look fake also. The harder you look at them the worse they get.
                He fabricated the infamous buck and story and when the pressure to validate it got too great he made the buck and story disappear. The end.

I think your right, a magazine article says about that time frame synthetic fakes were popular hoaxes
                “‘ Stevens Mullins displays a rack that originally was presented as a "240-class" typical from Manitoba. It turned out that the rack had been built of synthetic materials by a man in New Mexico. He'd even put part of an old cape on the fake skull plate.“”

Record whitetail trophy racks can be awe inspiring, when they're the real deal. Here are more tales of separating rumor from reality & methods to prove them.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure, I lean towards believing it is real. I think Mitch is a little strange and takes deer hunting more serious than even those of us here on TBH. I think he went public with it and it the story got moving pretty fast and then the haters came out. I think Mitch is a no nonsense type of guy with personal morals and when people started calling him out as a fake he put the deer away and went on with his life.

I have some pretty conservative friends that I could see doing the exact same thing. Nothing to prove type attitude and tell you to get F'd if you call them a fake.

Not everyone has the desire to prove other people wrong, they are satisfied knowing in they are right in their head and keeping it to themselves.

Alot of people think because he didn't prove it was real it has to be a fake, not everyone thinks like that.

Of maybe it's a fake, just my thoughts on it.

Comment

In my book it’s a fake! Who would deny their family $20,000 up front to prove it. Not only that, he could have made a fortune at shows etc to book his new world record buck. Money talks and b$lls$it walks! HE WALKED!!!
                    Last edited by parkchief100; 08-22-2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

There was a tale (true or not) that he never went to the deer after the shot. He went to get a camera or some bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        The rack is fake af…

That’s where I’m at also.

I could read these stories for hours though.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          There was a tale (true or not) that he never went to the deer after the shot. He went to get a camera or some bs.
                          He filmed the walk up to the deer. It's not exactly HD though.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            He filmed the walk up to the deer. It's not exactly HD though.
                            He went home to get a camera first

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If his "trophy buck" hunting skills where anywhere near the quality of his taxidermy skills he would be standing in the soup line to keep from starving..

I too believe it is a hoax for many reasons but have no hard proof.

Comment

Can't fix stupid...

Comment

Working...
                                X