Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humper View Post
    Paws down!
    Both ours are rescue Brittany’s. 1 full blood 1 a Brittany/Collie mix. Get pets but I bet if you knew how to work them they be sharp dog! No lack of intelligence. (Mom) spoils them rotten! So I just go along with that. Need need a lot of room.

Comment

Thinking Vizsla might be the dog for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Arrow View Post
        Lab
        I’ve had several and all of them have been great dogs
        We have had 2 over the last 20 years. Last one was broken. He did not like the water and never chewed anything. Had to put him down last year at 12 years old. I want another one but not ready yet

Comment

Never met a large dog I did not get along with.
          Though there are some breads will would not own.

Obviously Rottweilers are my go to.
          4 months ago he was 18 lbs, now he is 90.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            Thinking Vizsla might be the dog for me.
            We will never be without one...wonderful breed. I've had three labs, recently had to put our older viz down & currently have a viz & drahtharr. Wife is pushing for a new pup.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              My family is pretty sold on JRTs. Probably most loyal dogs we've had. We had some good labs also

Lemme guess, cause chocolates are 'inferior' to the other 2?
              I've got both a black and chocolate, males and intact. The black lab is my best producing dog of the two in regards to retrieving, heeling, following a line, redirecting...all the things a field dog should do (I just haven't put him in a trial yet). My chocolate has a harder time with holding at heel, knowing when it's time to play and time to hunt, and will accidentally find a bird more times than not when we're pheasant hunting.

However, my chocolate will retrieve a bird in the middle of the Gulf if he knew it meant getting in water, and he will jump in even after I've sent my black lab in for a duck if I'm not paying attention, with the bird in both their mouths as they come back. He has a high retrieving drive, he doesn't get a chance to taste his food, even in a maze bowl, and he can't help but go out of his way on our daily walks to find a puddle or sprinkler to play in.

Chocolate definitely has much more energy and puppy in him than the black one, even at 3 years old. But they're both great in their own way.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to say Australian Shepherd

Comment

Co worker has a drahtharr and I have a wiemeraner, the drahtharr is flat nuts! Dont see them often.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  We will never be without one...wonderful breed. I've had three labs, recently had to put our older viz down & currently have a viz & drahtharr. Wife is pushing for a new pup.

Comment

I see Vizsla mentioned a couple of times. I have known two and they were both dumb as stumps, however, they would play non-stop for hours and lick you to death. Lol

Comment

I have had many great dogs but my labradoodle is incredible. So loyal and shedding is just about nonexistent. He loves the deer lease trips. You do need to get them groomed tho, but they love it.

Comment

This thread is giving me the itch for a new pup.

Comment

We love our Vizslas.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            This thread is giving me the itch for a new pup.
                            Me too but my wife has her foot on the break for a little while yet.

Comment

Miniature labradoodle

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                I see Vizsla mentioned a couple of times. I have known two and they were both dumb as stumps, however, they would play non-stop for hours and lick you to death. Lol
                                My two were/are every bit as intelligent as my labs were...they both have/had a more comical side to their personalities vs the other dogs which I appreciate. Seems they are always trying to get you to laugh.

They also don't have the overcoat / shedding issue or dog smell in comparison which is a big deal for us being indoor.

Comment

Working...
                                X