Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranger Things 4

*** Potential Spoilers Ahead ***

Anyone started watching the new season yet? I'm through episode four and I'm really liking the horror movie feel they've got going on. Actually, Robert Englund who played Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare On Elm Street series is a character in the new season. It seems like they're channeling some of the dream world/nightmare type style from Nightmare On Elm Street, beyond just having him on the show. I keep thinking of Hellraiser too when **** starts to go down and the music starts with the sound of a clock. There's a metallic sound (for lack of a better description) that sounds very similar to a sound from Hellraiser when Pinhead shows up. I have no idea if that was an intentional nod, though. Also, I'm curious if they're going to tie the Chernobyl nuclear disaster to experiments, the upside down being re-opened, etc. This season starts around spring break 1986, and the accident at Chernobyl was at the end of April of the same year. Guess we'll see .

Finished the the first part of the season yesterday, Im enjoying the season so far. Its way more gory than the last seasons and I like how the episodes are about 75-80 minutes long. My kids were scared after watching it lol. 2 more episodes will come out in a month.

Comment

It’s good. Every episode ends with a cliff hanger. Now I am stuck till July1

Comment

This was probably my favorite "bad guy" they have had. I have liked it.

Comment

We've finished the first part of season 4 and are looking forward to the new episodes dropping. We like it.

Comment

I finished episode 5 yesterday evening. I started to watch the next episode, but decided to cut myself off after the opening scene. Didn't want to get too far into it and forget what time it was. 4:00 AM comes too early as it is .

Comment

Good stuff. Just finished episode 4. Best one yet IMHO.

Comment

I finished it up last week. It's definitely been a strong season so far. For me, the best part of Volume I was the end of Episode 4. The way they did the letter to Billy/Max's memory montage/Max escaping Vecna section was super intense. Especially when they cut to black and you weren't sure if that was the end of the episode or not . I'd have to think there's going to be a major character death in Volume II. They haven't done one yet and it's already Season 4. A lot of people are leaning towards Steve, which would make sense. He's had that father figure/protector type thing going on, and I could see him sacrificing himself to Vecna to help the others escape. Either way, it'll be a fun July 4th weekend .

Comment

Great so far.

Comment

Great season so far. It’s BS that Netflix is trying to cover and redeem their crappy Q1 numbers by spread this season over Q2 and Q3 to “inflate” their numbers…..

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Great season so far. It’s BS that Netflix is trying to cover and redeem their crappy Q1 numbers by spread this season over Q2 and Q3 to “inflate” their numbers…..
                      I hadn't thought about that. Pretty funny...

Comment

The way these multi seasons shows stretch out I can’t remember the details of the previous seasons. My wife made me watch season 4, and I’m now going back to watch 1-3 and will rewatch 4 after catching up again.

Comment

I actually dislike...as stated much more horrific/gory than the first 3 seasons. They went a bit too far in my opinion. I preferred the more dialed back horror aspect for the precious seasons.

Comment

Check out what they look like now. Finn is scary...

"It's crazy to see what all of us looked like when we first started,” star Gaten Matarazzo told TODAY. The Netflix hit premiered six years ago.

Comment

Well... if its any indication... my wife and I binged the first two seasons this weekend... now she cant make it through one in the 3rd season without falling asleep...

Comment

Working...
                              X