Personal Ammo Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Ammo Supply

When the last ammo shortage happened, after the ammo was replenished, I bought some bulk 22lr, 223, and 9mm to put away. I have shot about half my 9mm ammo and never restocked.

My question is when you buy ammo to put back for let's say a rainy day, do you purchase target ammo or personal protection ammo

Hard to find ppa in bulk. I think in a SHTF scenario, round quantity supersedes round performance. Having said that I can find spire point .223 in bulk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Hard to find ppa in bulk. I think in a SHTF scenario, round quantity supersedes round performance. Having said that I can find spire point .223 in bulk
      Actually right now, about all I can find in 9mm bulk is a lot of high dollar PPA

Comment

If I buy ammo I plan on killin stuff with it. I bought a bunch of FMJ to sight in with about 8 years ago and still have some but I never take it out and shoot it just to shoot it. If I buy ammo I want it to do more than punch a hole through something.

Comment

When I stocked up after the last shortage. Most is FMJ. What I bought for storage I really don't use, I buy some new stuff that is on sale and shoot it up leaving my stockpile alone for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            If I buy ammo I plan on killin stuff with it. I bought a bunch of FMJ to sight in with about 8 years ago and still have some but I never take it out and shoot it just to shoot it. If I buy ammo I want it to do more than punch a hole through something.

This, I really have no use for FMJ of any caliber.

Comment

Over 5000 rounds and still stocking. Ready to do my part.

I guarantee my FMJ ammo will kill it's intended target.

Comment

On March 12th I bought 200 rds of 556 FMJ at Academy and box of 20 SP.
                The following Sunday I ordered 50 rnd 223 SP and 50 rnds 223 VMax from Midway.

I saw the ammo shortage coming and didn’t want to be with out coyote/hog/deer ammo(SP&Vmax). The FMJ was simply for SHTF scenario.

Didn’t buy any 22 lr because I still have a ton from last shortage, pretty much same with pistol ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post

Man you got some catching up to do. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                    When the last ammo shortage happened, after the ammo was replenished, I bought some bulk 22lr, 223, and 9mm to put away. I have shot about half my 9mm ammo and never restocked.

My question is when you buy ammo to put back for let's say a rainy day, do you purchase target ammo or personal protection ammo

Both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both as well

Comment

FMJ for 223 and 9mm. Both will kill the target without issue.

Normal hunting projectiles for large rifles.

Always have varmint ammo for the 223 as well.

I did buy more 6 creed. And I always keep a few hundred rounds of buckshot and a few slugs.

But let’s be real. If you’re in a gunfight, you can’t carry a ton of ammo.

Comment

I have a couple of boxes of critical defense for each caliber. The rest is fmj. Like said above, how much can you use in a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            Man you got some catching up to do. Lol
                            No kidding.. I ended up with 675 pounds of ammo. When I moved I weighted it just to see LOL

Probably well over 50k rounds.

Lots of cheap FMJ because when people want to just shoot I use that. PSP for hunting and have plenty of that as well.

Comment

Rifle ammo I buy soft point in bulk. Pistol ammo I try to at least get some hollow points.

Comment

Working...
                              X