Suggestions on smoking this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on smoking this

Anyone have any suggestions on smoking this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B9118020-236B-4C34-A9AD-E210D6B3D0A7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	25231931

Salt and coarse ground black pepper. Cook to 155-160 internal temp. Pull and wrap in foil with butter and let sit in warm place for 20-30 minutes. Slice and enjoy.

Comment

I’m doing the same. I bought two of them to smoke.

Comment

2 parts 16-mesh black pepper, 1 part kosher salt.

Comment

24 hour brine using the following:
          2 gallons of tap water
          1 cup Brown Sugar
          1 cup Molasses
          Juice of 2 lemons
          1/2 cup BBQ Rub
          3-4 Bay Leaves
          Fresh Thyme Bundle
          Fresh Rosemary
          Bring all ingredients to a boil and bring back to room temp.
          Submerge bird completely and brine for at least 12 hours but not more than 24 using a XL Ziplock bag inside a cooler filled with ice.

When the time comes to smoke the bird, I use pecan and apple wood. Bring smoker up to 250 and place bird breast side up and let er rip until internal temp at the thickest part of breast reaches 170.
          If the outside is starting to get dark, I’ll lay a piece of aluminum foil over it. The foil acts as a tent and will prevent the skin from browning any further.

When time comes to remove bird, LET IT REST for 10 minutes inside before cutting into it, or it'll lose all the good juices. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Bacon weave wrap

Comment

Thanks all! About how long do they take to smoke at 225-250?

Comment

Season heavily with a dry rub. Make sure the bird is room temp before putting in the smoker. Temp 235, 30 minutes per pound. Works every time for me.

Also, if your smoker lose heat when you open the door, remember 30 minutes per pound once you reach 235.

Comment

I think those are already brined a sort so extra brining will yield a salty fry bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

spatchcock method....doing a 11# tomorrow.

Comment

I brine 24 hrs, spatchcock (cut out back bone), preferred seasoning (I do simple salt pepper garlic), lay it on smoker breast side up and smoke til internal temp 165 and let rest.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is it precooked?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Is it precooked?
                          It’s not precooked, just a boneless breast roast. My daughter was the only one wanting turkey, so my wife brought this home.

Comment

I would smoke to an internal temp of 165°. Put your favorite rub on and let it go. I bet it’s good.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                              I brine 24 hrs, spatchcock (cut out back bone), preferred seasoning (I do simple salt pepper garlic), lay it on smoker breast side up and smoke til internal temp 165 and let rest.
                              This is a great way to cook a Turkey, did my first last year and it was really good!

Comment

Working...
                              X