Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
      I had my nephew from Alabama come out and visit for a turkey hunt. Things were quite a bit different than they were two weeks ago. Friday morning we heard 8-10 birds gobbling but couldn’t sea the deal. Saturday we only heard 3 birds gobbling. Say evening we saw a gobbler with a huge beard eating at a feeder about 100 yards away. He was interested in corn only and didn’t care about my calls or my decoy spread at all. This morning we heard zero birds gobbling. Very frustrating compared to two weeks ago. Anyway we got lucking pulling into camp this morning and rolled up on a bird. He just stood there looking at us and my nephew was able to take a quick shot and got him. Not how we wanted it but beggars can’t be choosers. We called in a few Fox also and there is one less rattle snake on the place.

It was HOT!!!! Ticks are thick, nephew had 20 ticks on him and I’ve found 7 on me. It’s pretty green but we are ready for some rain. Hopefully it won’t be long. All the deer we saw were fat and healthy.
      Not a bad weekend. No doubt the ticks are REAL bad out there this year. Glad yall got a bird on the ground. Congrats !!

Comment

Oh, found a shed also.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post

Nice....That’s a good looking shed.

Comment

Looks like the rain went right around Water Valley! It was pretty dry when I was there 2 weeks ago. Wouldn’t mind the bottom falling out of the sky

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                Looks like the rain went right around Water Valley! It was pretty dry when I was there 2 weeks ago. Wouldn’t mind the bottom falling out of the sky

Yeah looks like more comin though [emoji1695]

Comment

Yep starting to get dry in Water valley area . Need some rain here in a few weeks before the hot summer hits !

Comment

Gotta little of the wet stuff last night. Neighbor says 1.2” in his gauges so fingers crossed.

Offseason happiness is wet/muddy deer hooves.

Comment

Hopefully the grass is growing because by the looks of those site glasses you ain’t feeding them much right now

That deer is looking at you through that camera like WTH man??

Comment

Good to see, it was getting dry out there.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          Hopefully the grass is growing because by the looks of those site glasses you ain’t feeding them much right now

That deer is looking at you through that camera like WTH man??

Just ran out this last week.... wanted to run out all the medicated wormer before I put new in. Was supposed to go out this weekend but my truck had oil in the coolant this weekend and I just had a repair done on the oil cooler in Feb. New truck shopping as we speak.....

Comment

Congrats to the ones who got it, ArrowsOnly was at the lease and said the rain split our pastures and went right around us. Man we need the rain, I know it was super dry May 1st so I can only imagine now.

Comment

Anyone recommend a reliable dozer guy who could do some work in NW Irion Co?

I'm getting my ducks in a row on a new place, and it's going to need a couple days of road & brush work.

Comment

Chased this guy down yesterday. Finally on the board after what’s been a rough season out west!

Comment

Working...
                                X