Question for T/C ProHunter shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for T/C ProHunter shooters

Anyone have any problems with accuracy with the ProHunter? I have one one that I have had for a long time but have not shot it that much. A few people have killed deer with it but for me it does not group well at all.
    I have it in a 30t/c with a T/C factory barrel. why would I need an accuracy barrel
    what makes a accuracy barrel more accurate than a factory barrel? why would someone ever want a barrel that is not accurate?

It’s probably the lock up and not the barrel. An oversized hinge pin may solve the problem.

Comment

How is the trigger ? Encores are not known for great triggers, and bad triggers are not conducive to good accuracy. I’ve had both mine worked on, rifle and pistol. Other than that I can’t say. My .260 Rem pistol was a one holer if I did my part, and my rifle shoots well in both .280 Rem and .50 caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        How is the trigger ? Encores are not known for great triggers, and bad triggers are not conducive to good accuracy. I’ve had both mine worked on, rifle and pistol. Other than that I can’t say. My .260 Rem pistol was a one holer if I did my part, and my rifle shoots well in both .280 Rem and .50 caliber.
        I had a trigger job when I first got it and it’s real nice
        But shooting from a lead sled and 3 inch groups man !!
        I have a muzzleloader barrel and it shoots good on that frame
        ?????

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	39799407-F989-43ED-9DAF-37024D46DC19.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	24637924

It’s pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
            It’s probably the lock up and not the barrel. An oversized hinge pin may solve the problem.
            Thanks for that suggestion I will look into that and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Comment

Jimmy, have you stripped all of the copper from the bore, and started over? I remember that barrel being sub-MOA. Good luck, and definitely check out the BellM hinge pins, they do help. Did you torque the friend screws? I had to keep them torqued on Tyler’s 243 to keep it sane for me.

Comment

As a left handed shooter, I've been looking heavy at the Pro Hunters. What the general consensus? worth the money?

Comment

I've found them the be very sensitive to forearm pressure and esp pressure out towards the end. I always rest mine as close to the action as possible and they shoot great.

Comment

Worth the money? I think so

Comment

Working...
                    X