Webb County Live Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webb County Live Season

I’m headed down to our place in Webb County for the first time this season. Dad decided to stay home to watch the Masters so I’m flying solo. I’m on cull patrol unless something special comes out, but it would have to be really special.

We have been managing this place for about 10 years and our average is clearly getting better and our age class is pretty solid. There are two bucks that I want to get on the ground early this year so I can start looking for Mr. Big Boy. We cleaned up some roads and topped everything off two weeks ago so it should be a relaxed weekend.

This buck is one I’m looking for this weekend

good luck

Comment

Here are some pics from last couple of years

Comment

Here is a dead head we found two years ago

Comment

Man yall got alot of culls down there. Gotta be some monsters in that neck of the woods huh?

Comment

Good Luck!!

I'm headed down tomorrow to a buddies place in Webb County too!! Will be on doe patrol and predators.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Man yall got alot of culls down there. Gotta be some monsters in that neck of the woods huh?

There’s a new crop every year, gotta shoot deer to grow deer. That short G2 genetic is something we have been fighting since we got on this place.

Comment

Good luck to ya

Comment

Good luck

Comment

That short G2 genetic is something we have been fighting since we got on this place.
                    That short G2 genetic is a classic south Tx trait, you wont ever shoot that out of your herd. Good luck this season and post plenty of pictures. I'm in Dimmit county hunting and leaving to McMullen county this afternoon to keep at it, Gotta love this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                      That short G2 genetic is a classic south Tx trait, you wont ever shoot that out of your herd. Good luck this season and post plenty of pictures. I'm in Dimmit county hunting and leaving to McMullen county this afternoon to keep at it, Gotta love this time of year

I love it down here, but I hate short G2s haha. Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        I love it down here, but I hate short G2s haha. Good luck to you
                        Yep those short G2 are a lesson in excepting reality
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-12-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          [ATTACH]1027745[/ATTACH]

Yep those short G2 are a lesson in excepting reality

Beautiful buck, that sucker is fat and has a great cape.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            Beautiful buck, that sucker is fat and has a great cape.
                            Cotton seed

Comment

Should lose some water weight this weekend at least

Comment

Working...
                              X