New Ruger 10/22 Built In Silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ruger 10/22 Built In Silencer

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4utFcMnws"]Integrally Suppressed Barrel for Ruger's 10/22 Takedown: Guns & Gear| S9 E8 - YouTube[/ame]

Wish they had come out with this sooner, I bought a threaded barrel for mine too run with a can.

Comment

I got a mist -22 integrally suppressed barrel a few years ago, and it's one of my more fun guns to shoot.

Comment

they've had versions of this for a while, this one looks cool

Comment

That is very cool looking. Great coon gun for night time hunts!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I assume you still have to pay the tax stamp and trust?

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
              I assume you still have to pay the tax stamp and trust?

Yes, no different than any other suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are slick, I just like being able to take my suppressor from one gun to another. I run my dead air mask on a 10/22, a savage B22 and a Ruger mk4. More bang for my buck.

Comment

Hoes the buildup and cleaning?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

The thing lots of people don’t realize with integrally suppressed rifles is the actual barrel section is very short so you loose lots of velocity. Even in that video they mention the short barrel. A friend of mine spent a huge chunk of change building a custom 257 weatherby mag with an integrally suppressed barrel and after taking the outer sheath off the actual barrel length was only 16.5”. His velocity was no more than a 257 Roberts with a 22” barrel. Talk about a waist of money. IMO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      The thing lots of people don’t realize with integrally suppressed rifles is the actual barrel section is very short so you loose lots of velocity. Even in that video they mention the short barrel. A friend of mine spent a huge chunk of change building a custom 257 weatherby mag with an integrally suppressed barrel and after taking the outer sheath off the actual barrel length was only 16.5”. His velocity was no more than a 257 Roberts with a 22” barrel. Talk about a waist of money. IMO of course.
                      Correct. And you need to verify that you can easily clean and service them. 22 stuff is nasty. 308 and 22 are about the only ones I’d mess with that make sense. And not all are created equal.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Cool video, however, you posted it one day too soon.

Today is 10/22 - Happy Ruger Day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            they've had versions of this for a while, this one looks cool
                            Yup...this design been out over two years. Integral suppressors are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

I won't agrue there are pros and cons depending on caliber but they are purpose built. There's obviously a trade off with overall length especially with magnum or LA cartridges but can be minimized depending on the build. Example, I'm shooting a integral 20" barrel 7rem mag with a 8" stack with very little loss in velocity (3030fps). Also little loss with a 6cm with a 18" barrel (2990). I'll admit these are hand loads though. Having experience with integral calibers including 308, 6cm, 243, 6.5prc, 300win mag, and 7mag, a 16" barrel wouldn't have been my choice.
                              Last edited by Notaguide; 10-25-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X