Nose jammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nose jammer

Anybody use this stuff? I’ve seen around for a while & decided to pick some up. It’s got an interesting smell. It sure how to describe it, almost like some of these vape pen smells maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I hunted Iowa a couple years ago those guys all swore by it. They also killed a lot of deer. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. In to see what others say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hogs don't care for it. I know of one member that was pretty successful at bowhunting east Texas whitetails that believed in it. He's got more bucks on his wall than I do mine so IDK.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

I use it. It's made of vanalin. Hogs call BS on it right away. Seems to confuse deer a little. It doesn't prevent them from smelling you one bit but seems to help with a swirling wind. Think of all the old guys that told you to use Mexican vanilla growing up. It's basically the same thing.

Comment

I use to be a big fan of my homemade vanilla spray back in the day. My elk guide swears by it.

I have a spot the wind swirls so I just picked up a can. That’s an interesting note on the pigs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            I have a spot the wind swirls so I just picked up a can. That’s an interesting note on the pigs though.

Honestly, the oxonics doesn't seem to confuse hogs either. Not sure if it's a better nose or more intelligent than a deer but they don't fall for it. I may add that I suffer from the world's worst archery pig curse and can't seem to kill a pig with a bow for my life.

Comment

I tried it years ago when it first came out. I watched a group of does cross through a group of oak trees where I had sprayed it. They immediately blew and high tailed it out of there. That was the one and only time I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Honestly, the oxonics doesn't seem to confuse hogs either. Not sure if it's a better nose or more intelligent than a deer but they don't fall for it. I may add that I suffer from the world's worst archery pig curse and can't seem to kill a pig with a bow for my life.
                Only time I was successful is with ZERO wind
                Many times when I was hunting pigs with my bow if the wind started a slight breeze I’d get busted every time

Comment

They still smell something they don’t like Blow a little but never just run off. I stopped using it and went back to just scent block stuff.

Comment

Make your own, I do and it cost $1

Comment

I’ve used it since day one and it works. I’ve killed a lot of animals of all kinds over the years.

I’ve deployed it several ways but have discovered 2 ways that work best. I spray my shoes or rubber boots for walking in to the stand location but another thing I found (a little time consuming) is to spray it about 100-200 yards upwind from you and let it blow over you. I don’t spray it on me at the stand

Comment

I’ve also found this product will have every deer around coming to it but doesn’t work at all for the intended purpose, not at all.

I spray it up about 5-8’

Comment

I can say I bought a product online from pressured deer pros that is a scent spray. I felt scammed when I got it. Smells like vanilla and hazelnut mixed with water. They call it acorn scent. I have hunted first and 3rd weekend on public this far and haven’t been winded once. I think it’s designed to spray on yourself and overwhelm there sense of smell. The idea is that they smell it instead of you. It’s more of a curiosity scent instead of a “OMG IMMA DIE” scent.

I understand that that’s the point with most cover sprays but they all don’t tend to last the entire hunt. I still smell like this stuff after walking 1/2 mile both wasps and jacking up and down the tree. And depending on the season, most other cover scents could potentially spook deer.

I had 3 does sneak up on me down wind opening weekend. Got so close that I didn’t hear them. I was only 12’ up in a pine. I turned to check behind me and , BOOM, spotted. That sold it to me. I mean…..3 mature does, together, 15yards down wind of me, on public, SOLD!

I am 100% positive I could recreate this with pure vanilla extract and a couple essential oils out of my wife’s smelly good drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Since an animal smells way better than a human how can you be 100% positive you can make your own based on the limited smell you have ? How about the ingredients you ain’t smelling?

Comment

I like the EverCalm deer herd scent, seems to calm them down if they think they smell something.

Comment

Working...
                              X