Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who uses H110 for subsonic 300 blk loads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who uses H110 for subsonic 300 blk loads?

I have H110 and 190 Sub-x bullets. Some sources indicate that case fill is a problem. Does anyone have any first hand experience with using H110 for subsonic 300 blk?
    Thanks in advance.

Haven’t loaded it myself but the Hodgdon website says 9.6gr is the max load for Hornady 190gr CX subs. I’d think there’s a fair chance of consistency issues.

Comment

I’ve mainly used lilgun
      190gr sub X
      16”
      8.6gr 1118
      8.3gr 1050
      8gr 994

Comment

I use it & ww296 (same powder) for hot supers...one of the standards for powders & full loads.

1680 would be a better choice for subs imo.

Comment

I haven't done much with subs in my blackout for about 2 years now. But according to my notes, and from what I recall, I tried 1680, but had better luck with the H110.

I believe I got the idea after watching some youtube videos. I ended up using 8.2 gr. H110 with the 190 gr. SubX . (of course, I should put the disclaimer about using proper reloading practices etc. ) But also keep in mind I am reloading for a bolt action. I do not recall if they worked in my AR.

Comment

This is for bolt action, by the way. Ruger Ranch.

Comment

I use H110 for both subsonic and super in my 458SOCOM. Never had an issue.

Comment

Working...
              X