No announcement yet.

BF Deal Alert, Dutch Ovens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t know I needed a new ceramic Dutch oven until I kept coming back to this thread! I’ve got a Crueset that was gifted to my wife, I knew it was a nice piece but didn’t know how nice! I picked up a Staub 7 quart oval off here. I also broke down and got the Henckel 20 piece knife set. Merry Christmas to me! Their regular prices are inflated, at check out for those two pieces it said I saved $900!
    Last edited by Cazador; 11-26-2022, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
      But can she cook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I gotta give get that…she’s a great cook.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post

Don’t rain on my parade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Serious question as I don't cook using a dutch oven (yet)

What makes a $600 pot a lot better or cook better than a $200 pot or even the $35 one at BBBY?

They are all coated cast iron right?

Comment

Bragging rights. And, the discounted ones have blemishes

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Serious question as I don't cook using a dutch oven (yet)

What makes a $600 pot a lot better or cook better than a $200 pot or even the $35 one at BBBY?

They are all coated cast iron right?
              The European ones are lighter. Thats is all. Grab a Lodge, thats what I use. Now if you are a lady or European man (same thing nowadays) you might want the Le Creuset for your limp wrists 😂. American Test Kitchen did a good side by side on all the majors. Lemme find it. ATK is an invaluable resource on cookware and utensils. Often the cheapest is also the best.

Comment

Below is their updated 2022 list. Number 1 and 2 are now Lodge. I own both of these. They are tanks for sure. Probably not a good idea for the ladies. Safety problem for sure.

Step into the world of Dutch oven cooking with America's Test Kitchen, where the ultimate comfort food meets culinary innovation.
                Last edited by Ætheling; 11-27-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  The European ones are lighter. Thats is all. Grab a Lodge, thats what I use. Now if you are a lady or European man (same thing nowadays) you might want the Le Creuset for your limp wrists 😂. American Test Kitchen did a good side by side on all the majors. Lemme find it. ATK is an invaluable resource on cookware and utensils. Often the cheapest is also the best.
                  Lol well stated.

I have a couple coated Lodge cast iron dutch ovens and can't imagine how anyone could improve on that. Lighter isn't better IMO, I want cast iron to retain it's heat for consistency and seems like lighter ones would behave more like a normal metal pot and heat and cool faster.

Comment

Working...
                  X