big enough to hunt with compound bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been thinking hard about a ladder stand but in west TX where we hunt there aren't many trees built for a ladder stand-anyone use on of there for hunting with compound bow? Think its big enough platform?

I always used tripods in Central Texas, you couldn’t find a mesquite that you could get a ladder in without lots of trimming. Most of mine were 8 to 10 feet to the platform but I killed lots of deer from them. I usually placed some surplus camo netting behind me to break up my outline. It even worked on turkeys.

Comment

My best killing spot
      Is a 6 ft tripod with some brush in the front to break up my outline.

Good luck.

Comment

If you got a big cedar is about, we have the same issue.

Comment

so, the stand platform is big enough to sit in with a compound bow and still be able to draw back? I mean it's not much different than a ladder stand as far as room goes, it looks like to me anyway

Comment

We have one like that at the ranch I work at, minus the armrests and whatever that is at the top of the seat back. It works fine for compound and trad bows.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Bisch; 11-24-2022, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Our best stands are pop up blinds on 5 foot towers. West Texas deer do not look up. They do not associate that danger could come from above. If you are interested in some pictures, pm m and I’ll text them to you. We used to do ladder stands without the bottom section as well. The worked until the mesquites lost their leaves.

Comment

tripod backed into a cedar is what we have used for years in wtx

Comment

Working...
                X