No announcement yet.

Texasbowhunter.com Blanco County Season-long Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot an axis doe. Felt like a good shot. Didn't get pass through, but looks like a good hit from what I can tell on video.

Hard to see the angle from frame grabs, but looks pretty good from what I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Man, she’s limboing, good luck on the track.

Comment

Hope ya find her.

Comment

Is she in the cooler?

Comment

The blood was initially a bit sparse, but I found the arrow about 20 yards in and soon after she started opening up a bit. The wet ground and red leaves made it difficult to identify some blood spots, but I was able to follow it fairly steadily…until I couldn’t. The trail just stopped. Les and Cady came to help and we tracked, backtracked and circled but never found additional sign.

The arrow showed about 10” of penetration. I feel like it stopped on the off side shoulder.

Here’s a short clip of the shot.

I’m frustrated and disappointed. Unfortunately the rain just started back up again here.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Dammit. That was a great shot with plenty of penetration for a kill.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

I watched the video over and over. Point of impact looks like a great shot. I wonder if when she ducked and rolled the arrow might have ended up going thru too far forward???? It’s a head scratcher for sure!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    I watched the video over and over. Point of impact looks like a great shot. I wonder if when she ducked and rolled the arrow might have ended up going thru too far forward???? It’s a head scratcher for sure!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is what I’m seeing as well unfortunately. I shot a doe like that several years ago and never found her or blood. You finding a decent blood trail for a while makes me think you actually got some vitals though.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Your shot was true , she just went matrix on you.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        Man it was crips and clear this morning woulda been prime to be in a deer blind!

Good luck

Sierracharlie out....
                        Better not wear red walking to the stand

Comment

Went out yesterday afternoon, and saw 10 different bucks, 0 does. No shooters for this year though, but some movement, mostly traveling through.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            Better not wear red walking to the stand

Bwahahaha rep yo set foooooo

Sierracharlie out....
                            Last edited by sierracharlie338; 11-24-2022, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Seems quiet… a little to quiet….

Comment

I got blanked yesterday afternoon at Elbow. I’m hunting Ridge for the first time this morning.

I got this on TC earlier in the week back on the south side of the property,

I’m really considering buying a tree saddle to give me a little more mobility in chasing these critters.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X