X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boiled Lemon and ginger in coke is huge in China. Might work here too

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
      Last week allergies hit me hard. Over the weekend it moved into my chest. Went to the doc on Sunday night and got tested for the rona and flu…. both came back negative. Have had to sleep sitting upright in a recliner ever since. Now I’m coughing non stop. The only relief comes from a really hot shower, but as soon as I step out of the shower the non stop cough comes right back.

I’ve tried Mucinex DM, NyQuil, drinking a hot beverage, Vick’s vapor rub, tried eating hot oatmeal, even tried diffusing essential oils that typically help but nothing has worked. My back, chest, stomach, and head now hurt from coughing so much. I need some relief!! What works for y’all that I haven’t tried yet?
      Dang. I just got over that. I ended up going to the doc and getting 10 days worth of Amoxicillin and an albuterol inhaler. I had the exact same symptoms. Still coughing a little bit. Throat lozenges helped me out as well.

Comment

I may try all these suggestions. I still have a 4 Month Covid Cough.

Comment

Originally posted by JuDGe View Post
          Get retested.
          What will that do?

Op take the benzonitate and get some cheratussin syrup. guaifenesin and codeine to help you get more productive coughs plus relax your reflex.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            EX LAX is the best thing for coughing or sneezing. Take a double dose and I guarantee you that you will be scared to death to do either!
            Same advice I was going to offer

Comment

A spoon full of honey.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                1) Steroid shot and antibiotics.
                2) Mucinex DM
                3) Cough drops of your choice.
                And these are the meds I was prescribed for the same issue. All the way down to the shot in the "hip".

Comment

Had to go see a doc this evening. Got into a coughing fit that would not stop. Coughing with every breath, plus a fever. Doc says a bad case of bronchitis. 2 IV bags, intravenous antibiotic, several oral meds, and a prescription for cough medicine with codiene. Hopefully I can get some rest tonight as I’m still coughing, just not as bad.

Comment

Might be allergies. I use Claritin (generic).
                    For just a random cough, try whiskey.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                      Had to go see a doc this evening. Got into a coughing fit that would not stop. Coughing with every breath, plus a fever. Doc says a bad case of bronchitis. 2 IV bags, intravenous antibiotic, several oral meds, and a prescription for cough medicine with codiene. Hopefully I can get some rest tonight as I’m still coughing, just not as bad.
                      Awesome! You went to the doctor. Took me 10 days before I went. Kept thinking that I would shake it.

Comment

Glad you went to the docs! My wife gives me a hard time because I’ll take our son at the drop of a hat but I have to be almost dead before I will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          Glad you went to the docs! My wife gives me a hard time because I’ll take our son at the drop of a hat but I have to be almost dead before I will go.
                          I used to be the same. As I get older, I realize that if I’m not around because of a hard headed decision, it will only hurt my family. The ONLY person who will truly take care of yourself, is yourself. No matter how much our spouses love us, they don’t see those new little aches and pains that could just be a normal process of aging, or signs of something bigger.

Comment

When I was a Drill Sergeant and would get sick I'd drink Tennessee Fire when I got home and throughout the day I would take a shot of of lemon juice and chase it with honey. Worked every time.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              Wow, I bet you didn’t see that one coming!

I’ve been told that a cough brought on by congestive heart failure has a different sound than a throat or chest cough. I’m hindsight, would you say your cough was different and, if so, in what way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I don’t remember any difference. I do know when ever I cough now my wife grabs a phone lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                                I don’t remember any difference. I do know when ever I cough now my wife grabs a phone lol.

Honestly? I do the same thing when my husband coughs—particularly in his sleep—a cough that doesn’t sound “quite right.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X