No announcement yet.

10th Annual Panhandle Hunting Thread - 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a contact for a tracking dog in the panhandle. I’m right outside of McLean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
      Anyone got a contact for a tracking dog in the panhandle. I’m right outside of McLean

PM sent

I get to…

Comment

Any luck?

I get to…

Comment

Jeff Bonner 806-662-3357

Comment

Anyone use Alfalfa Bales to attract mule deer in the Pan Handle? Thought about setting some out at my place but worried pigs will eat them or mulies won’t find them.

Comment

Originally posted by LtizzleMcTiZ View Post
              Anyone use Alfalfa Bales to attract mule deer in the Pan Handle? Thought about setting some out at my place but worried pigs will eat them or mulies won’t find them.
              Do it - when I hunted in Briscoe Co. we sat out bales in our pins. Mule deer loved it - took a bit but even white tail took to it.

Comment

May take a while but when they figure it out, they will come for it. I ran a feeder for 2 years, corn just piled up. Started alfalfa and protein pellets. Instead of a deer once a month, it turned to at least twice or three times a week when I had a fresh bale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Was up there this last weekend (Hemphill County) and was pretty discouraged. Our fire last March seemed to relocate the deer and they haven't come back so far. I guess not enough food and cover for them. I saw 25% of what I normally see even though we had better rainfall than most. The frustrating part of this is we had some huge bucks that we had passed on, and I was looking forward to seeing them. Oh well. I still have plenty to be grateful for. And if I really want some venison, I have options.

Comment

Headed up tomorrow. Gonna hunt for 12 days.weathers gonna be perfect

Comment

I'll be there middle of next week! Looks like great weather ahead.

Comment

Big & J Blocks, and I use alfalfa a lot on my ranches. I get the compressed and Tractor Supply.

I put out one of those licking sticks last week just to see what would happen. Went over yesterday and the deer were tearing in up rubbing on it I guess. I did not think it would work so no camera. There is now !

Comment

Shots fired in Dickens Co. this AM
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
                            Congrats, glad someone is seeing mature deer, all I'm doing is babysitting in Kent co,, couple of spikes, a tiny 5 and a slick six

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                              Congrats, glad someone is seeing mature deer, all I'm doing is babysitting in Kent co,, couple of spikes, a tiny 5 and a slick six
                              Thanks. Had a few better 8s I was targeting but I didnt want to pass on one that showed in the daylight. I bet this nice weather works in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
                                Congrats! Man, I cannot wait to get out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X