Ozonics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozonics Question

There are ozone generators for hundreds less than the Ozonics brand. Don't these do the same thing? Have any of y'all tried them?

short answer is yes. same stuff.

Comment

For bag and sealed applications yes, Amazon has several to choose from

For open air application you can take a knock off brand toaster and hang it on a limb and it will do the EXACT same thing…. Unless you don’t care about science or facts then NOPE you will need an ozonics with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to keep your favorite play list free of human bacteria that scare animals

Comment

We run an Amazon $69 unit in a closet at the lease. Everytime we come in from hunting before we do anything else, the hunting clothes and boots go into the closet for immediate running of the ozone machine. Works great - I think. The science is sound but it has its drawbacks, for me at least.

Now in the blinds, some of the hunters on our place run the expensive machines. In the blind, I prefer the Zero Trace, but I am extremely sensitive Ozone and the negative effects it has on me.
        Last edited by wellingtontx; 11-01-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
          We run an Amazon $69 unit in a closet at the lease. Everytime we come in from hunting before we do anything else, the hunting clothes and boots go into the closet for immediate running of the ozonics. “Works great”.

How would you possibly know if it is working or Not?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            For bag and sealed applications yes, Amazon has several to choose from

For open air application you can take a knock off brand toaster and hang it on a limb and it will do the EXACT same thing…. Unless you don’t care about science or facts then NOPE you will need an ozonics with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to keep your favorite play list free of human bacteria that scare animals
            ^^^Greatness as always.

I won't hunt a bad wind but I took a chance once, hunted a marginal wind and killed my biggest buck ever.

However, I had a small accident at the lease recently. I have always been 20ft plus in a lock on but because of my "accident" my wife "encouraged" me to buy a $4,000 box blind/tower for my bowhunting setup.

Comment

I run the Ozonics brand. And try to hunt the wind. If it gives me a 3% better chance, I guess it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                How would you possibly know if it is working or Not?

I did say "I think" LOL

I dont get to ask the deer; but my clothes dont smell like the kitchen when we go back out. But for $69 worth a shot, spent money on worse gadgets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                  I run the Ozonics brand. And try to hunt the wind. If it gives me a 3% better chance, I guess it is worth it.
                  Bingeaux, playing the wind FIRST and suspect wind only if I am pushed into it! I just need seconds, extra step, one more calm moment,........worth it to me also!

Comment

IF your using it in a box blind situation then I do believe it has benefits. Since it’s a far more controlled environment. You can saturated scent as it’s only coming through a small Select opening. Or in a sealed “crusher” bag. They to eliminate/reduce/manage bacteria

In an open air situation like I mentioned it’s laughable when you put real science and numbers and proven currents with it…. Snake oil

But for what I’m reading your wanting it for, it won’t hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      IF your using it in a box blind situation then I do believe it has benefits. Since it’s a far more controlled environment. You can saturated scent as it’s only coming through a small Select opening. Or in a sealed “crusher” bag. They to eliminate/reduce/manage bacteria

In an open air situation like I mentioned it’s laughable when you put real science and numbers and proven currents with it…. Snake oil

But for what I’m reading your wanting it for, it won’t hurt
                      I agree with this 100%. When we used ozone machines in smoke restoration 15 years ago, it was very efficient but had to be used in an enclosed environment to have an effect. As stated above, the science behind it just doesn't work in an open environment.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                        I have always been 20ft plus in a lock on but because of my "accident" my wife "encouraged" me to buy a $4,000 box blind/tower for my bowhunting setup.
                        I wish my wife cared that much about my safety!!![emoji1787]
                        Maybe I should cut that life insurance down some, ya think?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a small one that was like $20 on Amazon that I use in my truck or throw in my clothes bag. No idea if it works or not but i'd rather it be a waste of $20 than a waste of $300.

Comment

Guys- ozonics has a distinct odor. Do y’all honestly think deer don’t smell that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              Guys- ozonics has a distinct odor. Do y’all honestly think deer don’t smell that?

Ozone occurs naturally in the wild.....After a rain with lightning etc...

look up O3 next to Burt Reynolds died....

Comment

Working...
                              X