High fence and coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
    I gave Daryl a call he seems to be a wealth of knowledge . Might try and get him out next week .
    That dude is a beaver killer machine as well. I use him at work and he's very good at his job.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        Sent you a PM
        Gotcha brother , thanks for the info .

Comment

Get you some conibear traps. Put a trap in every hole they dig. You will catch EVERYTHING that trys to enter the trap. Be careful setting them. Keep your fingers out of the way. I promose they will work!

Comment

How high is the high fence? Coyotes can jump over an 8' fence with no problem. Probably higher too.

Several videos of it on YT.

Comment

I work my fence line a few times a week. Dig holes get a bag of sackcrete or a big rock. Always keep a few open and run snares on those simply because I enjoy catching critters in them. I've never seen nor heard more than 3 yotes on my place before.

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                The usda trappers use cyanide guns,the mexicans use,lard soaked sponges cut in sizes that supposedly swell up and block their guts.I prefer to shoot,run over,or tannerite the ×>$@ scum.
                My cuz even roped a young one.Any dead coyote is a friend of mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                Well Said.....

Comment

We seem to have a bunch around this year.

Comment

If they dig a hole, put a conibear trap in it. Next time it tries to go through, it's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                      Looks great, have installed miles of predator wire just like that. But coyotes will crawl up to the first set of 6 inch squares and pop through. Same with fox and cats. Seen all three do it with my own eyes. So keep an eye out even with wire down.

Rocket look into a professional trapper. Dayrl cook lives over by lake Sam Rayburn. He’s solid and traps ranches for a living. He also gives 2 day classes. I took his lesson last year and trapped 33 yotes 8 cats and 2 fox this past fall with leg hold. That’s after 101 in snares the two years prior. So it works. He is known to trap problem yotes in High fence places so if there’s a killer he’s a good guy to call. +1 (936) 676-9007
                      He also has a Facebook I don’t have FB so can’t share it but should be easy enough to find.
                      Same thing was happening on a ranch that was next to ours in Foard County. They placed snares where they knew varmints were getting under and put a dent in some of the tresspassing.

Comment

ya'll do know that a coyote can, and will, climb a fence going in or out. Seen it myself. Twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                          ya'll do know that a coyote can, and will, climb a fence going in or out. Seen it myself. Twice.
                          This right here. I watched and could not believe it either. They will climb until they get to a square that they will squeeze through

Comment

I have a high fence with predator wire on the outside. a coyote will climb a high fence like a kid climbs a 3 ft fence. I was shocked. he didnt even stop to look at the fence!! took all of 5 seconds!!!! trap them. best way.,

Comment

Rowdy Woodson at Woods & Water taxidermy is a hell of a trapper. Don’t know if he actually is for hire to do it. May be worth contacting him.
                              Last edited by captainsling; 12-01-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                And you don’t need to dig ditch, bury it, etc. Just stake it down to the ground. Need about 3ft of wire.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X