Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Rhyner has retired from the Ticket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Even if the new station is really good, are there enough sports talk listeners to keep three stations afloat? That would surprise me.

Comment

I was a loyal P1 until a few years ago, could always handle the left leaning majority (IMO) up there because they were entertaining and it wasn't as obvious.

There isn't a Conservative left up there any more, either they left or have slid to the dark side, like George, who no doubt is just afraid to speak his mind these days.

I used to scoff at the constant sports of 105.3 but now it's nice to be able to listen to some sports without as much social commentary.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see another station making it.

Comment

Interesting…will be following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any idea on timing? I'll be listening to the old gray wolf

Comment

I'll definitely give it a try. Sort of the Ticket B team lined up but I wonder if they get anyone else to jump. Doubtful but it won't be long until the Musers retire. They are holding the station together these days. The Hardline is almost unlistenable nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              i was a loyal p1 until a few years ago, could always handle the left leaning majority (imo) up there because they were entertaining and it wasn't as obvious.

There isn't a conservative left up there any more, either they left or have slid to the dark side, like george, who no doubt is just afraid to speak his mind these days.

I used to scoff at the constant sports of 105.3 but now it's nice to be able to listen to some sports without as much social commentary.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i don't see another station making it.
              bingo

Comment

This is going to be really interesting! Ben & Skin aren’t really my thing, but Cavanaugh, and Sirois are greatness. I can’t wait to see who jumps from the other 2 stations, lord I hope it’s not Corby…that guy is such a a spineless moron. I would love to see Jake go over, and I don’t mind Dan, or Bob…I imagine anyone at the ticket is going to be a tough get though.

I abandoned local music stations for the most part in about 97, and immediately found a home at the ticket, hardly listened to anything else for almost 20 years. As presently constituted I turn it off after 20 minutes most days. The Muser‘s have become stale, and as talented as Gordo is, I tire of his relentless bogging down over nothing, or the same thing he has two dozen times before. Norm is an immediate channel change. He was obnoxious before he was senile, 10 to noon I have to go to the other station. The afternoon is usually my longest drive of the day, and Corby makes it almost impossible to listen to the ticket for that stretch.

Like Jerp, I worry that there aren’t enough listeners to support 3 stations. I really think the ticket has a lot of listeners who are looking to escape the liberal BS that they produce recently, and just don’t find the fan a good option. Hopefully Rhynes is a big enough draw, and can put together a good enough team to give us a real option to the ticket.

Does anyone know who owns 97.1? I know the ticket is owned by Cumulus media, and that creates some hardships over there. I wonder if this new station could be a landing spot for more ticket people than we think… Just looking to escape Cumulus.

Comment

The primary Ticket hosts surely have non-competes. Rhyner may have had one too and it could be expiring.

Comment

i remember always thinking that rhynes loved jake, just listening to them interact during the mixes, it would be nice to see him go over. jake is the most entertaining and interesting one up there right now for me. i am sure the ticket will do what they can to keep him.

i actually like dan and jake, used to love bob and dan before that, bob was my sports guy but he isnt the same old conservative bob any more.

the hardline is terrible, the musers are good most of the time, cant do norm and donnie at all.

Comment

So there will be no rock station in DFW. Odd. Hard to believe a third sportstalk station would produce better ratings than radio rock.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. 97.1 was way down the ratings list. However 105.3 was significantly lower.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-27-2022, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          So there will be no rock station in DFW. Odd. Hard to believe a third sportstalk station would produce better ratings than radio rock.

I just flipped over to 97.1 because I have no idea what they’ve been doing since the eagle, and they are playing Seether… Something needs to change.lol

Comment

I still listen to the musers every morning. Not what they once were, but they could never get away with the stuff they used to do. The world has changed a lot in the last 25 years. I rarely get to listen any during the day. Stop by in the afternoons every now and then but never stay long due to corby ****** bag davidson. The only thing listenable he has ever done is the over cusser and that was phased out at least 15 years ago. I really liked Julie and Sirois when I got to hear them together. They might be worth listening to. Will be interesting to have another option for my sportstalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I just flipped over to 97.1 because I have no idea what they’ve been doing since the eagle, and they are playing Seether… Something needs to change.lol

Now flip to 99.5 or 96.3. Lol

Comment

Mike Rhyner has retired from the Ticket.

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Now flip to 99.5 or 96.3. Lol

No thanks.[emoji23]

I go 96.7, 105.3, or 95.9, if they all suck at once I go serial killer mode and just drive in silence.

Comment

Working...
                                X